Swollen feet and ankles

Angela123

Reaction score
Hi

I am just wondering how common this is at this stage of pregnancy.

Acouple of weeks ago i saw my midwife and she found a trace of protein in my urine - she said it could be anything, but certainly nothing to worry about. Since then I have had very itchy feet and leggs and have come up in a rash on my feet. My midwife said it is to do with the bile salts in the liver reacting with the pregnancy hormones and it is perfectly normal.

Yesterday at the end of the day I had very swollen feet, after resting overnight they are still a little swollen.

When my sister was pregnant with her first baby, she got all of the above and they found out she had a kidney disease. Although hers was way more extreme and way earlier than 22 weeks. She lost her baby at 22 weeks, as her waters broke as normal and had a normal birth, baby was just too small.

Am i silly to keep worrying about what happened to my sister? My midwife said there is no reason why the same should happen to me, but I cant help thinking about it. My OH said to stop worrying as it will be doing no good for the baby and we are two completely different people.

I just want to know if people have had a full term pregnancy with these symptoms. I need reassurance. I see my midwife again in 2-3 weeks.

Aww I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your sister. I haven't got any advice, just wanted to send a :hug:

sorry to hear all tis hun
if i was you i would pester your midwife surly there is some sort of test they can do just to put your mind at ease
manda xx

I have no knowledge of this I'm afraid, I'm sorry to hear that your sister went through such a rough time. I'm sure the midwife would have told you if she thought there was a risk :hug: :hug:

Cant offer any advice - sorry but i will send one of these your way :hug:

Poor your sister :cry:

Not due to complications like your sister had, but my mum lost her first two babies at 22 weeks due to an incompetent cervix and I am so paranoid the same is going to happen to me, so I can understand where you are coming from. I think the midwives are right when they say it's not hereditary this kind of thing though (in my paranoid state I did a LOT of internet research)...

Anyway I hope we both get past the 22 week mark then we can breathe a sigh of relief :pray:

Yes, my sister had the incompetent cervix in her first pregnancy - hence why her waters broke too soon. So the second time, she got stitched up. I demanded I get checked for the incompetent cervix, ask the sonographer at your next scan, thats what i did, and it was tightly closed. So that definately put my mind at rest.

I have decided to make an appointment with my dr this afternoon when my feet are at their worst and will stress everything to him in regards to my sister, I want to have a blood test to test for those things.

Good luck - everything will be fine. Roll on 25 weeks +!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back