swollen ankles

jacquidube

Reaction score
Hi I dont suppose anyone knows why some women may get swollen ankles and hands. When i awake in the morning my hands are tight like swollen and at night my feet will noticeably swell. Could it be the heat? I am only almost 5 weeks pregnant, its obviously not weight because I have only just found out I am pregnant. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
Jacqui.

yeah its common to sweel up, my mate was lookin at my hands yesterday and saying god they look swollen (she was giving me tips and advise cos she jus had a baby), er fingers are still massive from wen she give birth, something to do with blood pressure going up i think. nothing to worry to much about i shudnt think so.

bec x x

Hi girls, dont worry about your swollen ankles and hands, its completly normal and is caused by fluid retention, it tends to be worse when the weather is hot and towards the end of the day, especially if you have been in your feet a lot. The best ways to relieve this are to try to sit with your feet elevated and drink lots of fluids (which sounds strange I know when your retaining fluid!) If you find that your wrists are swollen and you often wake in the mornings with numbness in your thumb, index and middle fingers this is carpel tunel syndrome and is a little different, nothing serious but worth mentioning to your GP or midwife.

Thankyou girls so much for that, i was quite worried because I had not had it before and with the weather being so hot while pregnant i was worried. It did happen in the hot weather and in the morning especially. Thankyou so much. ....
Cat i bought some malt bread today so thanks again for that too.
Jacqui.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back