Swimwear question

CARNAT22

Reaction score
We've not taken James swimming yet due to his skin but now the weather is getting nicer we want to take him.

What should he be wearing?

The standard trunks confuse me - does he just wear a normal nappy under them??

Or do I need to buy special trunks?

I've looked briefly online and am confused as to what he needs?

TIA

xxxxxxx

Hi, he'll need a special nappy which doesn't absorb water.
Then most pools prefer you to wear a 'happy nappy' over the top. These are a pair of tight trunks. Some places allow just regular trunks but the water nappy is a must.
Hope that helps!

Water nappy for definate. A happy nappy is good but when ive taken livvi public swimming this isnt a must. Then some trunks.

Some babies wear those all in one suits if its cold.

Dont put him in a normal nappy because they explode xx

You can buy the swim nappies which don't take on the pool water we use huggies. I took M I'm the pool on holiday with a regular nappy and it was huge! Lol
You can buy a happy nappy to go over this which is made of neoprene a website called splash about sell them and so do boots. I take M swimming in just that sometimes :)
X

Swim nappies. Huggies make them. Buy them in nappy sizes :) I have W in a little wetsuit. Just from Next xx

yep just a swimming nappy and either a mini wetsuit or trunks!

we started Freya in a neoprene wetsuit to help her keep warm. Only last few weeks we have moved to just a swimsuit. x

Huggies Little swimmers are good, easy to use, disposable. If you want to get a reusable nappy you'll have to remember it's not leak proof, it just stops unpredictable little items escaping into the water!

Choice of swimwear is up to you, Alyssa wears her nappy and a swimsuit, or wetsuit if the water is particularly cold. She also has a long sleeved bodysuit which would be good for holidays (UV protection).

Most of the wee boys in the swimming class wear disposable nappies and a pair of trunks xx

C wears a swim nappy and a UV suit which also helps with protecting his sensitive skin. I put a layer of Lucas paw paw on before the swim to add a barrier too.

We tried a wet suit but it restricted his movement xx

We've just took jack swimming for the first time today at the gym, he loved it! He has a buzz lightyear wetsuit type thing from next and the Huggies swimmers. He seemed to get quite cold quickly so I'm glad I didn't get the little trunks or anything xxx

Cay -

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370312735.291706.jpg

I can't remember where this was from, TK Maxx or Primarni... Boots do them too.

He has a Huggies swim nappy underneath (great 'cause they're exactly like a normal nappy, except they don't take in water), and good to go.
For Spain next year I'll probably just get him some little trunks, but he'll be over a year and a half by then, and more than used to being in water etc. xx

Jack was such a skinny baby (still is) that he wire a swim nappy, a full bodied swimsuit and a swimming body warmer to keep him warm. I was petrified he'd freeze because some public pools are quite chilly. I won the body warmer on ebay but it's made by Konfidence if you want to have a look. Harry won't need it, he's a chunk lol x

I just put my daughter in a swim happy cos our pool is nice and warm.

Our pool wants babies to wear those mini wetsuit things so that the pool is better protected if the baby poos and it spills out of the nappy.

You can buy washable swimming nappies that fit from 3 months old :)

We put huggies swim nappies and an all in one surf suit on Max xx

We got j a little wet suit I'm dying to go swimming. I thik we will go end of the month xxxx

I work at a swimming pool. You have to have any type of swim nappy. You won't be allowed to take him in with just a normal nappy. You can get Huggies or I use Asdas little angels swim nappies. Then after that its up to you what he wears on top. Some people take them in in just a swim nappy x

I could only find Boot own brand swim nappies in his size?? Anyone know if they are any good?

I have some trunks with a built in nappy bit too so he'll wear that as well and maybe a t-shirt?

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back