Swimming*updated*

Kylie1007

Reaction score
Finn & I start swimming on Wednesday! I am v excited - although getting to the pool for 9.30 might be a bit of a challenge!!

Well we're back! My little man is absolutely zonked and slept from the moment I got him dressed - and is still sleeping 2 hrs later!

He was a bit bemused by the whole thing and started crying towards the end although 1/2 hr is quite a long time for him to be in the pool. Didn't like the singing bit particularly :oops: "This is the way we splash our hands, splash our hands, splash our hands on a cold and frosty morning.." :shakehead:

Thought you might like to see my babe in his trunks (they're a bit big - they were the smallest I could find and are for 3 mths +)

:cheer: hope you both enjoy it. I start water babies on Sunday and i'm excited about that too :cheer: :cheer:

have fun :cheer:
Dan starts swimming lessons on 1st March, I'm very excited too!

We go to waterbabies, its loads of fun, dont like singing though :oops:

so when can you first take them swimming. I have booked my little ones first holiday for september so he will be around 5 months??

i was going to make a post about this...if i can take her now??

Im excited..although what do i do if she starts kicking off in there

Also what about nappies??

I found this on the 'little swimmers' website

"Many public pools do not allow disposable nappies because the absorbent core can burst or explode and the absorbent material clogs filter systems. Swimming costumes/nappies are an alternative to nappies, however they are messy to clean up and do not offer any pre-swim leakage protection. With Huggies Little Swimmers® swim pants, you can take your little one to the pool or beach and enjoy splashing around without worrying about little accidents."

But theres sizes start at 16lb :? :?

THey can go from teeny - they don't even have to have had their 8 week jabs although I think the main prob is the temp of the pool and it's recommended that babies under 12 weeks go in hydrotherapy pools which are warmer. I bought Finn a little pair of swimming trunks as it would seem that Huggies swimmers don't start as little as he is! They go from about 16 lbs and he's only 12lbs.
http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 8&mcb=core
They're really cute - although from 3 mths so I hope they fit!

I looked at waterbabies and was going to take him to that but it was £105 for 10 sessions. I overheard a girl saying that they'd been swimming so I asked her where she went and this place is £55 for 12 lessons and then you book another term when he's finished!

princess_h said:

"Many public pools do not allow disposable nappies because the absorbent core can burst or explode and the absorbent material clogs filter systems. Swimming costumes/nappies are an alternative to nappies, however they are messy to clean up and do not offer any pre-swim leakage protection. With Huggies Little Swimmers® swim pants, you can take your little one to the pool or beach and enjoy splashing around without worrying about little accidents."

Mothercare's swimming nappies (little pink ones with a frill for your little girl!) are in the sale at the mo and go from 3 months I think.

Kylie1007 said:
princess_h said:

Mothercare's swimming nappies (little pink ones with a frill for your little girl!) are in the sale at the mo and go from 3 months I think.

yea i saw these the other day...but do you think they will work?? :? how they gonna keep it all in :?

princess_h said:
yea they look quite good...pricey though :?

Yep although the lady I spoke to on the phone at waterbabies said that's quite a good deal because their wetsuit things are £24 alone.

suppose it is then..its just that they will grow out of them so fast :(

hope u both enjoy it milliepops and i go swimming too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back