Swimming during ovulation?

Vickyxx

Reaction score
I am looking after my 2 year old niece tomorrow and had planned on taking her swimming BUT I got a positive opk last night and again tonight so ovulation is imminent, I will be bd'ing tonight but I wont get another chance again until Thursday night.

Do you think I should avoid going swimming ?? Do you think the water could wash away swimmers that are waiting ??

I go every week, we bd'd on the Saturday night and Sunday morning before swimming x

Wasn't even worried about it till hubby asked now I am not so sure.

Because I am still getting positive opks it means I haven't ovulated yet so I don't know when my cervix will open up to let in the spermys and am scared of washing them all away!!

I didn't think about it either, it wasn't an issue for me hun and I swim regularly x

Hmmmm :eh:

I think if I go and the witch does show up in a couple of weeks I will question myself if the swimming did interfere ..... Think I will take her to a play zone instead!!

True, nothing worse than what ifs. I had a Christmas eve related what if (we debated bd'ing on Christmas eve and didn't and af came exactly 2 weeks later) would I have caught that night? Drove me mental. Good luck lovely xx

We were trying for a year with no luck, but we went on hol the day my period stopped and was there at my fertile time and I swam everyday, we usually dtd in the morning and I would be out swimming after a couple of hours and I came home preg!! So I don't think swimming will do any harm, just give it time to soak in before you go xx

Don't underestimate the power of the what if? :shock:

That said... i would i thought you would have thought you'd be ok :) I don't recall "inhaling" much water when i go swimming anyway.

She'll have a fab time at the playzone i'm sure ;)

I already give myself a hard time so I dont need to add any extra "what if's"

Found a soft play zone I can take her to instead, we can have fun in the ball pool instead :)

I spend 12 hours a week in a swimming pool so really hope it doesn't effect anything :-/

I never thought about this you know. I guess chlorine can't be good for spermies, it just depends how much actually gets up there?!?! Have fun in the ball pool xxx

Hi hon

I doubt much chlorine would get there?? I woudn't worry hon.

Love Gizzy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back