swimming attire

mrs v

Reaction score
Hey ladies, can you please advise me on what safety float to put lo in when taking him swimming, he is nearly 10months, the jackets say from 2 onwards yet I think he is too big for a seat float, any advice? Xx

Last edited:
I but Toby in one if those rubber ring seat things, made by Zoggs it's from 3-18months providing their less than 11kg. He loves it x

I don't use a swimming float, because he never leaves my arms, unless he's doing a brief solo swim. Am I missing something?

xxx

My other half said the same but I suppose I am being extra cautious especially for when we go on holiday x

Leesey will be able to provide good advice on this! I don't put Harry in a float atall, he wears a little wetsuit in the pool though x

I bought baby armbands from mothercare but I want a ring thing too for holiday! Although when we go swimming at the gym I just hold him xxx

B would not wear anything and hates floats so I just hold him and support his tummy so he can thrash his arms and legs about lol! In the sea abroad I didn't let him go other than in really shallow water I let him walk about a bit x

Thanks for the advice ladies, I suppose I was just worried he might try and escape from my arms in the water as he does on dry land ;-)

B does escape sometimes so I make sure I'm near an edge so he can get on dry land safely. I then look like a beached whale trying to get out the pool quick enough to chase him lol!

We use a baby float I got from eBay and Enid loves it because she can sit and kick her legs while we push her around and generally try to amuse her!

The float we got was suitable from 6 months and has tons of room for growth :)

We use a baby float I got from eBay and Enid loves it because she can sit and kick her legs while we push her around and generally try to amuse her!

The float we got was suitable from 6 months and has tons of room for growth :)

What does this look like? There are so many variations...

Ours is like this, it's brilliant. Also means you get a bit if relax time whilst pushing them about in it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373653744.194884.jpg

This is ours, it was only £6! :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373657928.124783.jpg

I agree with FBE, the best thing is that you can still take them out and hold them whenever you want, but it's nice to have to give your arms a rest and let them enjoy a float about.

Aw thanks ladies, that's really helpful, I'm gonna get one ordered :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back