Swelling Whinge....

Skidoo

Reaction score
I've been lucky so far, but now my rings are starting to hurt me as my hands are getting swollen!! My ankles look dreadful at night when I take my socks off as well - it looks like I've been tightly bound!!! I'm assuming this is normal - is it??

yeah it normal for a bit of sweeling hun, but if it gets to much then get it checked just to be safe.

i have gone from a L ring size to an O, if my fingers go back down after i have had the baby then i will have to get my wedding ring made smaller.

I havent had swollen ankles much in this prenancy, only over the past week or so, but i think thats more water retention in my case.

i was told once to rest your ankles up above your legs, its meant to ease the swelling a bit, not sure how true that is tho.

xx

I've been told today that I have Caprel Tunnel Syndrome. MW offered me two splints for hands-no way, I'll grin and bear it! :wink:

word of advice - take your rings off if your hands are starting to swell.
as as it may get worse - i used to find that if i walked around my hands would swell even more - almost had to have one ring cut off.
Try not wear tight sock as they make the swelling worse and rest with your feet up - i know how you feel as i had full on granny ankles - (actually couldn't tell i had any ankles my legs just ended at my feet!!

Hello

This is normal, i have swollen anlkles, marks when i take my socks off, havent been able to wera my rings since 20 somthing weeks, and havent been able to wear my watch for over a month, even my shoe size grew....
hopefully it will all go away after birth... good luck!! :D
Katrina

I'm the same as Katrina, not been able to wearing rings for months, none of my shoes fit me due to the amount of swelling and my legs end at the feet I don't have ankles anymore!!!! Keep your feet up, if your hands are bad keep them above your head when sat watching tv and stuff where possible....thats what the hospital told me!!! Have fun!

I have started swelling as well, about 1 month ago now, and the only ring I used to wear was my wedding ring! But I have had to take it off (which broke my heart!!!! :cry: ) because my mum said they could have to cut it if they needed...also it started to be really tight!

My feet have also swollen, and I have got only one pair of shoes left to wear! But I refuse to and buy new ones, for 5 weeks, sod it! :D

Hypnorm: I am the same: I find my hands swell when I walk around, or if I keep them in my pockets when I am outside!

Everybody say "PUT YOUR FEET UP", but I can't do it!!! It's not a natural position at all for me to put my feet higher than my legs, and it's painful! (on my lower back)

I find not wearing socks and walking on cold tiles helps me a lot! cold, cold, cold, that's what works for me!

take care,
mel xx

Thanks for the reassurances!!

I've quit wearing my rings - I had several - and am trying to find looser socks. Shoes aren't too bad as I tend to wear lace ups and just do them up looser, but my poor ankles have aged about 10 years and look terribly sturdy and solid where they used to be quite neat and trim. Makes me a little unhappy, but it could be worse.

I know 'they' say to put your feet up, but elsewhere I've read it's not such a good idea as it doesn't help the baby to move down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back