Swelling *down there*

kitty2016

Reaction score
TMI - woken up this morning to some quite puffy swelling down below. Doesn't hurt but uncomfortable when walking around! I've googled the life out of it but don't like relying on 10+year old forum results!!
Has anyone experienced this? From what I've seen it could be a sign of early labour. I turn 36 weeks today. Thanks x

Is the baby starting to drop and engage, do you know? Could be that... I feel like I'm walking around with a bowling ball in my crotch lol
Other than that, if anything's swollen for you to notice and be uncomfortable with, might be worth mentioning to mw. Different things swelling can be signs of pre-e, certainly not saying it is that, but better to mention these things! ;-)

I have an appointment on Tuesday - my last appointment was two weeks ago and mw said that baby was "almost there" and wrote in my notes that I was 4/5th (engaged/palpable - this confuses me as I wasn't sure if it meant a little or a lot from what people have said) baby was definitely dropping and since then has dropped even more. The shape of my tummy has completely changed!
Things have felt a lot more real the past week.
I'm not terribly worried as I have no other symptoms. It's just very annoying and somewhat unsightly!

I wouldn't be too worried then, if you want to just tell her on Tuesday, unless it's getting very bad! I think they usually say it as if it's 4/5 they can still feel above the pelvic bone, so 1/5 engaged, although I found that very unclear too lol
Definitely was uncomfortable and a bit painful for me though when that started, especially when the baby decides to have a burrowing session as I call it, pushing with the legs to force the head down, so I can only imagine that's what's happening to you! :)

Burrowing! Haha :)
Lovely, thanks for the advice!

Awful isn't it. It's so puffy!! I haven't told hubby yet but feel like I want him to look just got comedy value. Doesn't even look like me!

I have the same issue. Had for a few weeks now and feel that it's not getting any better so I guess it's just baby engaging.... I have midwife on Tuesday also for first time in 3 weeks so I am going to mention it. X

How far along are you lucylu? Mine has gone down quite a bit since I've been up and moving about. Must be because I'm sitting up to sleep. Must be the increase in blood flow to that area or something!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back