Sweet cravings!

CountryGirl

Reaction score
I'm totally addicted to sweet stuff at the moment!

I already had a sweet tooth to begin with, but I just can't stop myself now! Sweets, cakes, chocolate, icecream... finding it hard to be healthy. I'm trying to curb my cravings with fruit, but it's not much help at all.

A family member then made a very delightful comment the other day about my baby having diabetes, and now I feel guilty when I eat anything sweet. I just don't know what to do! I want my old diet back :(

Stupid people and their stupid comments. Grrrrr.

What's everyone else craving, if anything?

Milk and Watermelon... not together.

I'm also having to watch the amount of tinned tuna I eat because it seems to be the best lunch option every day!

Nothing at all!! I'm quite upset about it lol

Anything sour or strongly-flavoured to take the edge of the sickness. But also carbs, which I normally avoid. I've been eating lots of dry crackers, much more cheese than usual, even marmalade sandwiches. Also been feasting on ice lollies.

I'm totally off my usual diet of salads, lots of fruit, soup and yoghurt. Some of it may be the heat but I really don't fancy any of it.

I also went off caffeine altogether, starting with Diet Coke so then I switched to Pepsi, but didn't like that. Hubby brought me a Starbucks into work and I didn't like the taste of it. I still didn't even twig then that I was pg (didn't know til I was 6.5weeks!). But I guess going off caffeine is a good thing. However it didn't happen with my son. I remember having the odd caffeine-free Pepsi and decaf Starbucks quite regularly.

Last edited:
Crunchies. Lots of Crunchies..... had 2 already today.

Although I am trying to balance it out with Bran Flakes for brekkie, ryvita for lunch and as much fruit as I can handle! Can't get enough pink lady apples at the moment.

I'm a chocoholic but I've read many times to avoid food like that as it can cause miscarriage. It is really hard not to have it but I feel right now the choc type of craving I need to stay away from for the first 12 weeks. I have been having fruit, something I don't normally have much of.
If I really crave it then maybe once every one and a half weeks I will allow a chocolate bar. But this time I made a homemade cake instead so I know all the ingredients going into it.
If you need support staying away from the chocolate we can help each other. I feel much happier not having it but I know how much cravings can pull you to things you may want t stay away from as the other day I was constantly feeling hungry and I am not much of a foodie. However I am not going to eat for 2.

Seriously though if you saw my other room it is full of chocolate. It could be a shop. But I am staying away so I can be careful. Hopefully you can fight it. :) Maybe you need to find a new temporary snack if fruit doesn't help.

I'm a chocoholic but I've read many times to avoid food like that as it can cause miscarriage. It is really hard not to have it but I feel right now the choc type of craving I need to stay away from for the first 12 weeks. I have been having fruit, something I don't normally have much of.
If I really crave it then maybe once every one and a half weeks I will allow a chocolate bar. But this time I made a homemade cake instead so I know all the ingredients going into it.
If you need support staying away from the chocolate we can help each other. I feel much happier not having it but I know how much cravings can pull you to things you may want t stay away from as the other day I was constantly feeling hungry and I am not much of a foodie. However I am not going to eat for 2.

Seriously though if you saw my other room it is full of chocolate. It could be a shop. But I am staying away so I can be careful. Hopefully you can fight it. :) Maybe you need to find a new temporary snack if fruit doesn't help.

What?! I didn't know that! Is there anything we ARE allowed to eat?! I have stopped drinking, smoking, eating runny delicious cheeses, runny eggs and now I have to stop eating chocolate?! I have even changed all my face stuff because it had something in it that was supposedly bad. I am sure a man made up all these rules!

I'm usually a massive chocoholic but I've totally lost interest in it. I'm craving carbs, not good, I'm going to be massive! X

I think chocolate is fine as long as you don't exceed amounts of caffeine my MW said it was done as log as you don't eat too much

I think chocolate is fine as long as you don't exceed amounts of caffeine my MW said it was done as log as you don't eat too much

Thank goodness for that! Was very close to tears for a minute there! I would struggle without chocolate more than smoking!!

I am only having one cup of coffee a day now and making sure I drink lots of water instead. I only used to drink lemonade with vodka so obviously not having that anymore either!

I have started going all earth mother though, the shoes are off as soon as I get home, pj's are on and I have even started baking my own bread! Seriously considering using reusable nappies too. Not sure what is happening to me!

When I was pregnant with DD I ate TONS of sweet stuff. Chocolate, buns, cakes etc. And I had a huge craving for hot spicy curries (which I normally hate) I also went completely off tea and coffee (which I normally love)

Looking forward to see if this pregnancy brings any cravings or aversions along with it :) x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

you'd have to eat soooo much milk chocolate to exceed your caffeine intake I truly wouldn't worry about it. Just don't indulge in an entire box of heroes and you should be ok...

What?! I didn't know that! Is there anything we ARE allowed to eat?! I have stopped drinking, smoking, eating runny delicious cheeses, runny eggs and now I have to stop eating chocolate?! I have even changed all my face stuff because it had something in it that was supposedly bad. I am sure a man made up all these rules!
Oh sorry I didn't mean to panic you!

I saw someone on here post about the caffeine thing. Then I was reading a few books and it was saying the same so it scared me and I am staying away now. But I used to eat loads before. :O

you'd have to eat soooo much milk chocolate to exceed your caffeine intake I truly wouldn't worry about it. Just don't indulge in an entire box of heroes and you should be ok...

I feel better now lol. I am not joking people keep putting pics of the caffeine thing and it says not to exceed a bar a day. Why are these making the rounds? Well at least I was avoiding chocolate before I found out I was expecting so I can be healthier lol.

I craved sweets and they say sweet for a girl savory for a boy it was right for me lol xx

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oops! That was what I had for dinner last night..... only joking! I had home-made chicken, pesto and butternut squash lasagne!

Well I'm not doing tooooo bad on the chocolate front, just a bar here and there. I wouldn't even say a bar a day.

I have been eating wine gums and fruit pastels though...

Also I'm big on the carbs thing too. Haven't been eating hardly any meat as I just can't stomach it (apart from BBQs) and can't eat Salmon (which used to be my FAVE dinner meal!) so have been living on baguettes, oven chips, pizza, chicken nuggets etc. Feel disgusted when I look in my freezer!

Also, when shopping the other day we came across the cheese isle, well, I almost pushed everyone out of the way to get to the cheeses!! Luckily I managed to stop myself from buying it all as I'd definitely have eaten it by now, so I just bought some babybels to keep me satisfied.

Mmmm cheese!

i am eating a lot more in general i always feel sick enless im eating....i have ate so much rubbish its unbelievable lol....i am off to asda today for healthy options strawberrys apples n stuff ....to pick at few the day...i feel fancy grapes an cheese on crackers mmmmlol x

I just caught a whiff of chips, I'm going to have to go and get some right now! X

I made potato wedges last night but got one of those tefal actifry bad boys, so technically they are not as bad for you as normal wedges or chips.

Been making smoothie's every morning as I don't really like milk in cereal or tea or coffee so thought I would up my calcium intake. Would rather poke myself in the eye than drink a glass of milk - yak!!

I am going to have to go and get more fruit at lunchtime but I really want a subway too......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back