Sweeps,

Jadie

Reaction score
I was just wondering when do they normally give you a "sweep" if you go over the due date?

It's normally a week or so after your due date unless you've had complications in the latter part of your pg then they may do it earlier - i had mine a day after my adjusted duedate cos of high bp. Think you can request it early but it depends on your mw.

xxx

Thanks,

I thought the midwife said a week, but two people said today it was two weeks!!

Jadie

I was booked in for a sweep today, but still had to ask the midwife to do it. She was happy for me to wait a while longer, and I thought blow that im already five days over.

so my advise is dont be afraid to ask for it when you are one week over just incase your midwife is like mine.

I am having it done on wednesday!

I was just asking as my friend said they made her wait two weeks!!!

So was worried I had it wrong and also had to wait that long!!

Thanks for your help!

hello,
im booked in for a sweep tomorrow morning, not looking forward to the experience much but i am desperate to get things going and avoid a full blown induction.
i've heard different things about how successful they can be - has anyone here had one? how did it go?

cheers, kate

Kate,

My first attempt at a sweep failed cos of my posterior cervix but i must say it kinda feels like a smear when they 'go in' so to speak.

It's uncomfortable and after my internal today i'll testify that they ain't gentle by any means!

It's gotta be worth it though eh? As you say i'd much rather that than full on induction in a nasty maternity ward.

Good luck - you'll be fine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back