sweeps and going over due dates

annem

Reaction score
here i get to see my MW on the 16th (my due date) and then not till 41weeks. Tbh i thought she'd she me more!!!

Will she give me a sweep on my due date or wait?

How far over were you when you had a sweep? i'd prefer not to have one as i don't like the thought of it!

I'm due exactly the same day as you and am in the same boat. I won't see my midwife till 41 weeks if nothing happens before then. I assume that is the when you will set an induction date. If they don't already do so, I will be asking for a damn good sweep that day too :)

I had a sweep at t+10 and and was booked for induction at t+13. Luckily LO was born at t+12 :)

Hopefully you won't need it

Good luck :D

At my last hospital check (I think that was 36 weeks) they booked me in for a sweep in case it was needed. That was 2 weeks after due dates to the nearest Monday, as they do the clinics on a monday. I only saw the Midwife every 2 weeks for the last six weeks

i see my midwife.. 34, 36, 38, 40 sweep at 41 weeks

I had a sweep at 3 days over with Nathan but that was by a doctor as I had an appointment to be given an induction date for 14 days late anyway. I never got given a sweep at all with Aimee and was induced 11 days late.

I saw mine every week after 36 weeks, so towards the end mine were 39+2, 40+2, 41+2 (sweep), had Ryan on 41+3. My induction was booked in my 40+2 appointment and would have been 41+5.

i had my last appt on my due date and
then one set for 41 weeks that u only go to if u still havent
had the baby and it was at that appt that i had my sweep and
they set a date for induction for if the sweep doesnt start things off.

thanks for your replys. I just don't fancy one thats all!!!

annem said:

not the most comfortable feeling in the world, but did the job for me!!

annem said:

Neither did i, but once i was 7 days over i was begging for one :rotfl:

i don't think i'll be begging unless i go over by 2weeks!!! my heart is set on having this baby by the 1st feb so can wait till then. I want to give birth on the 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th or 30th!!!!

annem said:
i don't think i'll be begging unless i go over by 2weeks!!! my heart is set on having this baby by the 1st feb so can wait till then. I want to give birth on the 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th or 30th!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Hope you get one of your date then hun.

thanks!!! i don't care which one though!

I had a sweep on T+4 which according to the midwife wasn't successful because my cervix was very far back but Maya was born the day after! :D It was a bit uncomfortable but not that bad and to be honest I didn't mind as I was really fed up waiting by that time! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back