Sweep?

Selina13

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anything happened for you after a sweep and when?

Im 40wk 2days and had sweep today but had no signs of anything prior to the sweep or after.

Xx

Last edited:
Had one on my due date and went into labour that night x

I had one at 41 weeks, that night I started losing plug and went into Labour the next night. whether it was actually down to the sweep I'm not sure

Ahh you lucky ladies. No signs at all for me so far. X

i had a couple of sweeps to try to bring on my last labour, but then the labour was really drawn out and stop-start. i do wonder if trying to bring it on made the labour less efficient than if i had left it to happen naturally

I had 5 sweeps. I wish I never had them as a couple of hours after having the last one my waters was slowly leaking which caused problems with labour .

Thanks ladies. It is helpful to hear your experiences. I do wonder if trying these things does more to hinder an effective labour as you say. X

I was induced the day before my due date because they said baby’s growth had failed off. I had the pessary inserted at 12pm and I had baba at 9:12-am the next day! Contractions starting coming late evening but were manageable my waters went at 7ish am! Don’t listen to anyone about the pain everyone copes differently. I just had gas and air and I went without any pain relief all night and did not have gas an air until 7ish after my waters went. You will be fine just think about the end goal and your beautiful bundle!! Xx

Mexico that is amazing- well done you!! I haven't had any signs of labour and Ill be 6 days over tomorrow. Im so tired of waiting and just want to meet my boy. Xx

I went for a sweep but the midwife didn't do it as said there was no point, baby wasn't engaged at all... she was an older midwife and said from experience induction etc wouldnt work as baby wasnin wrong position. Long story short doctors disagreed, i was induced the next week and then emergancy section 72 hours later as baby not in correct position....

However, my friend had a sweep and had her baby that day!
I think it totally depends on how your baby is lying and if they were starting to get ready to come anyway :)

Good luck xx

I had a sweep with my last babg went into labour 3 days later so don’t really think it did much. Although I didn’t regret it as i didn’t find it uncomfortable and it didn’t cause any problems as such for me or baby xx

I gave birth 3days before I was due for a sweep.
I managed to bring on labour myself by using a breast pump for 5-10mins on each side until I started with tightenings for a few days, and I also did squats and held the position wherever I felt the most pressure down below. That day after using the pump the tightenings didn't stop so early labour started 11.30pm, I had a show when I went to the loo early morning and woke up around 5am when contractions started to get painful. My baby boy was born at 2.48pm that day :)
I was 39w 2d. If your desperate to bring on labour its definitely worth a try, maybe it was coincidence for me but im convinced it was that which gave it a kick start.

I had a sweep yesterday at 40 weeks exactly, nothing much has happened ��
Mw said I was half cm dilated and cervix was very forward and soft “raring to go”, baby is engaged and for second that usually means labour is approaching?
I THINK I lost a little bit of my mucus plug this morning, but it’s very “bitty” difficult to explain.
Ugh this is such a horrid wait, my little girl had been born by now.

Didn't do too much for me, they'll come when they;re ready - stubborn babies!

Had sweep on friday and sunday i gave birth:)) It helped to speed it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back