Sweep

buggy1

Reaction score
I'm booked in for a sweep on Friday as I will be 40 weeks! I was going to have it Tuesday 6th but I asked if I could have one earlier.

My midwife said on the phone she would book me in but it wouldn't be with her, I will still see her on Tuesday. She said that when they ask me if I have had period like cramps that I should say yes, otherwise they might not do it?

I checked my texts as I text her last week about having a sweep and she said I could have one next apt providing I wasn't having period like cramps.. now I am confused?

Are you not allowed it if you do have cramps or not allowed it if your not? Does anyone know?

Sorry I'm not much help but I'm booked in for one tomorrow and midwife never mentioned anything about cramps xx

When I saw the midwife today she said a sweep usually works best if you've been having period like cramps and back ache.

they dont usually do one here til your a week over if theres no special reasons for it

When did u get booked for a sweep? My next app with midwife as 39+5 and ive not got a sweep booked in for afterwards :-( maybe I wont be getting one? X

Sent from my GT-I9300

I had one at 39+6 which didnt work and another at 40+5 which set me off and I gave birth the next day. Different trusts have different polocies but ours start at full term because it doesnt hurt to try and its good to know what happens down there x

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

When did u get booked for a sweep? My next app with midwife as 39+5 and ive not got a sweep booked in for afterwards :-( maybe I wont be getting one? X

Sent from my GT-I9300

I text my mw to ask for one last week, she 'at next apt' so I would be 40+4. I text her again yesterday to say I am anxious about going over because I am measuring a bit big and my original due date was earlier etc and is there any chance I could have a sweep earlier. She called me and booked me in for Friday when I'll be exactly 40 wks

When I saw the midwife today she said a sweep usually works best if you've been having period like cramps and back ache.

Ah ok. I have been having backache for ages now and a few cramps/pains on and off but I'm starting to wonder if that is more to do with PGP as I have had them a while and nothing seems to be happening!

Oh and she said she could do it at 39+5 because of my pelvic pain x

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thats good. Good luck for tomoro x

Sent from my GT-I9300

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member