Sweep this afternoon - scared..........UPDATE.........

NIE

Reaction score
I am really scared. I have my sweep at 3.30 today and have been up all night worrying about it.

I just don't see the point as I don't feel like it will do anything to help baby come. I'm starting to feel like I will never get to meet him and that all fun and excitment has been taken away.

I hate being pregnant and want it over with. I'm sorry if that sounds ungrateful but I am feeling really low and can't take much more. :(

midna didnt think it would work either.. her cervix was closed.. however.. 2 days later seed was here. go.. have faith.. and good luck

it's really nothing to worry about, and my ryan came the day after my sweep, so really it won't be much longer to wait. think how many weeks you have already waited, and how little time you have left to go. x

i had mine done last saturday......it didnt work but hey it was worth a go. and it didnt hurt at all. i was really scared thinking its gunna hurt and was panicking all the night before. i said to my m/w when she was examining me...telll me when ur doing it and she already had! lol
iv given up with trying to tell my baby to come out he mayaswell wait til friday now when i get induced.....thats where i know he takes after his dad....STUBBORN! :lol:

:hug: :hug: :hug: whatever happens hon, there's not long to wait now. good luck this afternoon xxxx

awwww bless, hope your ok
hopefully you will have your little man by the weekend... then wayy hayy its drinks all round :dance: :dance: :dance:

NIE look on the bright side.... You've had a terrible end to your pregnancy and you've often said you've had enough.. The sweep is like the beginning of the end... soon the horrible pregnancy thing will be all over and you'll have your little one in your arms.

The sweep might be uncomfortable... but I'm pretty sure with all the problems and pain you've had, that it will feel like nothing in comparison.

Good luck and as Lis said... Midna was convinced her sweep wouldn't work and it did get things moving... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I completely understand how you feel about ther excitement going. But don't worry about your sweep... it may not be the route you wanted to take but if you want your baby, which of course you do, it's time to start getting on with all the things that can make that happen.

I really really do sympathise, I have a sweep tmrw afternoon. But I will be glad to do something pro-active, it will help me feel more posotive again. And to be honest, I hurt most of the time so if causes a little more pain what the hell!!

I want my baby, healthy and safe, more than anything, and this is one way to encourage that. It can't stay in for much longer!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!! You'll probably beat me now!

xxx

Thanks girls, I will let you know how I get on and if it hurt.

Hopefully it will get things moving and I get to meet my wee monkey soon. xxx

good luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

Won't be much longer now til you get to meet LO :hug:

Good luck (you've probably just had it or just about to)

I enjoyed my sweep when I had my first - and my cervix was very high and tight shut.
Drove home and voila - early labour kicked in :D

When you get back go up and down your stairs a lot (if you're not in too much pain :hug: ) or have some wild sex- doesn't matter who with ;) ;) :rotfl:

UPDATE:

I'm back from my appointment and had my sweep..... :) It wasn't too bad, more uncomfortable with a lot of pressure than painful.

I have increased BP, urine is clear, head is now 2/5 engaged and 1-2 cm dilated.

I am bleeding a tiny bit so hopefully labour will kick in soon, but if not I have an induction date of the 18th..........Looks like I'll be having a quiet wedding anniversary (24th) and Christmas this year. :sleep:

yay! i hope it works...and even if it doesnt just think uv only got 7 days at the very most! :cheer:

xnicolaxcx said:
yay! i hope it works...and even if it doesnt just think uv only got 7 days at the very most! :cheer:

That's the only thing keeping me going at the moment. :D

glad it was ok for you... lets just hope things happen now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back