Sweep and induction advice pretty please

iwanttobeamumm

Reaction score
So thanks to all the pain from.my silly hips I'm having a sweep on the 2nd of June I'll be 36+4 is there anything I can do to help this work I had two with my daughter the second one worked I'm drinking raspberry leaf tea and taking the tablets is there anything else I can do to help make it more reliable (I know there's no sure fire way to Make it work but any tips would be appreciated) I'd like to labour at home for a while as I'm not aloud a home birth because babys kidney is a bit poorly so would like to stay at home as long as possible before going to the hospital, if the sweep doesn't work I'll be going getting induced at the hospital and obviously I'll have to do it all in the hospital, any advice I'm starting to get scared/excited (scarecited) now hehe

What tablets are u on? I'm also likely to be induced now and got an appointment on Wednesday to talk about it. I'm drinking the tea but that's all and not every day as I forget. To have the sweep doesn't ur cervix need to be low and thinned slightly? That's what I was told and if it is not its the pessary and il have to stay in.

I had a sweep attempted at 37+2 but cervix was very high up and posterior so unsuccessful. Not sure you can really do anything to make it work. At 37+5 though I was 1cm and they were able to break my waters, which is how they started my induction, no need for pessaries or gel xx

Evening Primrose capsules help favour the cervix. I was induced at 38 weeks after a failed sweep at 36 + 5. However I could have the sweep as I was 1cm dilated. EPO helps ripen the cervix it acts as a natural prostaglandin, however I took it aggressively from 32 weeks 1500MG per day ( 3x 500mg capsules). RLT os only to strengthen uterus muscles to help during labour.

I would go for EPO capsules x

There's clary sage oil, but do seek advice about that if trying it of course as I'm not sure if it's safe or not! Apparently a couple of drops in the bath or rubbing it onto the skin in a carrier oil is said to being on labour, but I stress, ask a mw about that one first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back