Suspected MC yesterday

bute69

Reaction score
I was apparently around 6 Weeks pregnant, but not sure on exact dates as not sure when my last period was. Think it as around April 7th, but could ha been slightly later. Over the W/E I had blood and was passing clots the size of my finger. Also had period type cramps that went with Paracetamol. Only bled when he clots were coming through. Went and had an internal scan yesterday and was told I was showing signs of an early MC. She pointed out the pregnancy sack and said it was very small and probably stopped growing at 4 Weeks.She said it's quite high at the moment and want me to have a scan again tomorrow to see how it's progressing. They also want to make sure it's not ectopic. Last night once in bed I didn't bleed all night and had no pain. Have had a few clotty bits today, but nothing like yesterday. Hardly any blood on the pad all day. I also had nausea and although nothing came up, did heave too!
Is this normal? Is there any possibility I could have had twins, which are in mine and my OH's family, and just lost the 1? Probably just grasping at straws! Anyone else been in the same situation?

Last edited:
Im sorry you have to go through this honey it is a horrible time! Xxx

Sorry you are going through this, hope u get some more answers or good news soon. Dont want to get your hopes up but my friend did lose 1 twin early on with her last pregnancy. They could tell on her 8 week scan she had the day after the bleed

Yes, sadly I have been in this position before twice. Both times for me went on to be confirmed as mc, but during my long limbo waits i read a lot of miracle stories where it has gone right for people and the "vanishing twin" theory seems to be the case for some people.

The conclusion i came to after the second time is that there is no way of knowing how its going to go, the waiting game is devastating (I always felt better once i knew what was happening one way or the other in the end), getting through it is the tougest thing i have ever done. Do whatever it is you need to to keep sane. For me it was carrying on with work (but some people need time off), use friends, rels and your OH for support, and make sure you have some nice things to look forward to.

I'm now in my 2nd trimester of my 5th pg now which seems to be going right....

Take care of yourself, i'm sorry your having to go through this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back