Surrogacy

Urchin

Reaction score
This is such an interesting issue I think.
Could you be a surrogate?
Although it's an amazing thing to do and I have so much respect to women that do it, I really don't think I could....I love my babies so much I can't imagine carrying another one then giving it to someone else.

What you you think?

Undecided.

I think I could do it for somebody who is very close to me (very close friends or family) I know I would find it hard but imagine being the person you would bring a wish come true for. What if you were that person & would you consider finding a surrogate mother if you were unable to have children & even unable to have/try IVF?

I don't like pregnancy but the birth is fantastic, so it would be a no unless it was someone i knew who were really desperate for a baby and couldn't have one.

hmmm its a bit of a difficult one that :think: :think: :think:
id like to think i could especially if was completely someone elses (the couples sperm and egg) still think it would be difficult though not to bond with the baby while its growing inside you
think il have to be undecided on this one xxxx

saying that my sister is having difficulty ttc with her hubbie as she has pcos and i think if she was really desperate and asked me id do it for her as i know id always have contact with the baby if i did bond with it
sorry lol wittering on am still undecided xxxxxxxxxxx

I've had crap pregnancies and couldn't go through all that with nothing to show for it at the end. If I did do it, I'd end up worrying constantly whether the child was ok, and if I did it for someone I knew and was able to see the child growing up, I'd end up interfering all the time.

I always wanted a big family, but we can't have any more. We've been looking into fostering - there are so many children that need stable loving homes without creating a new baby that wouldn't be mine, but I'm not sure I'd feel the same way if I didn't already have my own kids if that makes any sense

No I couldnt do it, im too emotional and wouldnt be able to cope with being separated from something that I felt kick and grow in my tummy, even if the ingredients (???) werent my own.

I would do it for my sister only, and that is with her egg and her OH's sperm. That is the only way I would be able to do it if she needed me to.

i wouldnt be able to do it but do think that people who do deserve a medal!
as i didnt find out about B till i was 22 weeks pregnant i didnt really feel like i bonded with him till i gave birth - dont get me wrong i was so excited but felt like i hadnt bonded but after everything we went thro with the birth and everything then to give him up to someone else dont think i could ever do that

No I couldn't do it, but I take my hat off to those who do :D

I'm the same.
I would love to say yes I could do it as its so selfless but at the end of the day I just couldn't part with the baby, together with that and if future pregnancies are the same as this one I want the perfect reward at the end after all the aches/pains/headaches/sickness!

I would like a large family (4 kiddies) and as i'm 30 now and would like at least 2 years between siblings I think I would be getting too old after I'd had my own to have another for someone else, as well as look after all my own children and a husband!

I do admire the women out there that do it though :clap:

Nicki. :D

No I couldn't do it either. I too have so much respect for those that do.

Xxx

I have already offered to do it for my closest friends if it comes to that. They would make the most amazing parents and it is heart-breaking seeing her go every month and having no success with PG. She's is just about to have her 2nd attempt at IVF this week using frozen embryos so am desperately keeping my fingers crossed for her. The 1st time round, the IVF worked but she lost the PG after a few days so she is worrying that she may not be able to carry. Her consultant said that they wouldn't know unless it happened again and if it looked like it was that then there is nothing they could do. Hence the reason I offered. I don't really enjoy being PG that much but I would do anything to help them both. She is my rock and they are my sons God parents too. I would only do it using their sperm and eggs though and i'm not certain I could do it for anyone else.

Tan x

sorry some one explane it to me.
is it the mans sperm and my egg???
they insert it into me then i carry the baby and give to him and his partner????

or does the womans eggs go into me with the mans sperm and its just my whom they use?

There are different situations. It can be a fertilised embryo from the woman's agg and her partner's sperm are placed into your womb, or in other situations the surrogate mother can be inseminated with the man's sperm.

if the baby wasnt mine, eg her egg his sperm i would do it for some one i care about, but i hate being preggersbut the thought of not being able to have children would be heartbreaking so ild consider it i wouldnt be able to bond with the baby knowing it wasnt mine and unless it was 100% mine and kris ild be ok with giving baby away to a happy couple

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back