Surely NOT! Am I Pregnant? (PCOS) LONG POST.

Reaction score
Merry meet everyone, (Sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Here is a little back story of the past 7 years of my troubles conceiving and miscarrying. I first fell pregnant back in September 2009 and had an Ectopic pregnancy and through this also found out I had PCOS and was told by doctors I would have a 50% chance of ever having children. I have never given up hope.

I fell pregnant again April 2010 but lost this one at 7 weeks pregnant, this time I had found out that my testosterone was far too high and my hormones needed to be leveled out for me to be able to carry a child. They also gave me Clomid (which I took once and it didn't agree with me at all.)

I then fell again in July 2010 and had a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant, and by this time I was devastated, I had therapy and depression tablets. In 2011 I didn't fall pregnant at all, and in 2012 I had a further 4 miscarriages all at 6-10 weeks. Needless to say I wasn't in the right frame of mind by this point and needed help by many doctors and therapists.
I am still upset by what has happened to us but I am a lot better now for having mental health help.

Christmas 2013 I thought myself and my husband may have actually done it, we were going to have a baby, I didn't know I was pregnant until 9 weeks gone, but when we went to the early scan there was no viable heartbeat.

I haven't been pregnant since that time in Dec 2013, we have been at Plymouth's Ocean Suite Fertility Clinic, and it seemed all that was offered to me was one course of IUI and IVF. I was very shocked at this as most of the women I know that have gone through fertility problems and have PCOS get offered many different tablets like higher Clomid or metformin before this.

I got very frightened and turned down the IVF and went on to Dianette pill, which helped with my weight, my PCOS, my psoriasis (which is all over my face and body) and made me feel a lot better about myself.
It also gave me time to heal which I REALLY needed. I came off the pill to try for a baby in March 2015. And last year I had no pregnancies just weird periods, they ranged to 28-42 days before they arrived.

I had a scan in November 2015 to check my ovaries and it turns out my Left Ovary is riddled with PCOS but my right only has a few cysts on, the nurse said other than that everything was good to go, it just may take me a while to conceive.

Anyway getting to today...
I was due my period 3 days ago, they have been pretty good this year at turning up at 28-32 days, which my doctor was very proud about!
I never did get my period but I did get brown and pink spotting and this is still happening today at day 6, but the spotting is so small that I knew something was different, so I went out and bought tests today.

So I tested and... I think I am pregnant???
I did two CB's and one FRER which came up with a faint line on all three, but the Clearblue Digital came up "NOT PREGNANT"

Can I have opinions please ladies, and I am so sorry for the long post, but I am one to get myself out there lol!!

Thank you all in advance :lol:

How do I add photos on here again girls? It's been so long that I have completely gone brain dead and have no idea! Lol. xxx

January%202016%20Pregnancy.jpg

Definitely pregnant! Congratulations!!!!
Ive heard the digi ones arent as sensitive not sure if thats true, but you cant deny those lines!

Definitely BFPs. Congratulations - wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months!! xx

Deffo a bfp.

As the girls have said, digis arent as sensitive.

Wishing you all the best with this pregnancy!!

xxxx

Yes definitely pregnant.

Hope all goes well with this one. Have you had recurrent mc testing to discover any issues and is there anything they will be doing for you this time?

Def BFP!! Good luck Hun everything crossed for you! Congratulations xxx

Great :bfp: really hope this bean sticks for you, you've been through a lot of crap, you deserve it! X

Thank you all so much I am so happy hearing that it is a BFP, but I am very scared and have had spotting for 6 days and cramping for 2 days. But my breasts are SO sore, so I am hoping this is a good thing, I just need to try not to worry and relax and not do much. I am blessed to have my husband who runs around doing things for me, he even is taking me up the toilet just incase, bless him lol xxx

@Clare80, I am only just 4 weeks pregnant if that, and only found out this morning, so haven't had chance to see the doctor yet. I haven't been with the fertility clinic in 2 years due to a mental break down so will have to go through the process again and start from scratch.
But they did mention progesterone suppositories when I was on the books with them, I am wondering wether just to bite the bullet and phone them up on the off chance? Or see my doctor first?
I am a little scared because I have moved area and also moved doctors surgery, so the new doctor doesn't know me at all, and I am worried that the doctors test won't show up yet (happened to me before) so I may get pushed away.
Any ideas ladies? xx

Congratulations, definitely a positive as the others said. I hope it's a sticky. You've been through a lot. X

I'd go and see your doctor and explain your concerns to them. They may be able to prescribe the suppositories just in case (although I've always had them from the hospital) and keep a close eye on you.

Lots of ladies have spotting and cramps in very early pregnancy so I hope it's just the baby settling in. Xxx

It'll all be in your medical records that have come with you - I'd go to the GP straight away and ask for progesterone. Experts don't all agree whether or not it helps, but certainly won't do any harm. Low progesterone is common with pcos too.

CONGRATULATIONS. Just go to you doctor, you medical records will be with your new doctor. Wishing you all the luck in the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back