Support for Down's Syndrome risk or diagnosis

_GG_

Reaction score
I feel compelled to post here to offer support to anyone facing the news that they have a high risk for Trisomy 21 Down's Syndrome.

I have a one year old baby girl with Down's Syndrome, we had a low risk in pregnancy but she was that one in 28,000 according to our risk.

I just want to say that, if any of you need to talk, I am here. I will not judge, try to persuade your choices or pressure you in any way. We all have to make our own choices and I will always defend that right, without prejudice.

The reason for me writing this is because the language around Down's Syndrome can be unfairly negative and the information given to me during both my pregnancies was very outdated, so I want to offer to be here to answer any questions anyone may have with honesty, to help you make your decision based on up-to-date information.

If that decision is to terminate, I will support that as I will support a decision to continue a pregnancy.

This isn't about the decision, this is purely me offering to give honest, realistic answers to any questions you may have, without bias.

It's a very emotive subject and there are no rights or wrongs, it what is right for you. No questions are off limits, I just want to help if I can.

Cheryl.

thank you for info sharing. Although, in case of chromosomal aneuploidies IVF PGS NGS increases chances of a healthy pregnancy

thank you for info sharing. Although, in case of chromosomal aneuploidies IVF PGS NGS increases chances of a healthy pregnancy

but the vast majority of people aren’t conceiving through IVF though - are you just here to advertise IVF? Seems pretty insensitive to do that on a thread were someone has kindly taken time out of their day to write and offer support on what can be a very emotive subject!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back