Superstitions

lilcurly

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So we managed to find a needle in the haystack! A twin pram that can face in with carrycots & it isn't a millionty £££££ :) mentioned it to a lady at work and she said the pram shouldn't be in the house before the babies. I thought this was for the cot (I have a crib that isn't set up sat in the spare room). So do I have to store it at MIL's or can I pop it in my shed? Anyone else superstitious? Xxxx

Yeah the superstition is that the pram shouldn't be in the house before baby!
I'm not superstitious so my pram and everything else will be in my house, I want to be able to play with it any time I want lol

I'm quite superstitious (salute to magpies and everything:) so maybe keeping it in the shed will be ok? :) xxx

The shed will be fine as it's not technically in the house :)

yeah my inlaws were like this with the pram and they kept it at theirs lol.

Ive kept it for this baby so its been in my
House for the last 3 years haha!

As for the cot that was bought at 14wks with baby no1 and put together by 20wks. And im reusing it again this time!
So to hell with superstitions lol.

Although im terrible when it comes to seeing one magpie on its own haha! Also walking on 3 drains :shock: lol!!!

I'd never heard of that until a colleague said it... had already got our pram by then anyway lol
I'm not superstitious at all - of course we're going to sort the pram and figure out where to put it in our pokey house before baby comes - we have enough other stuff to worry about ahaha ;)

Also, you shouldn't buy anything for baby in the seventh month.

I don't know why, or where it's from.

Both times I definitely bought too much baby stuff every month, so there's that... Xx

Yeah I've heard this, got mine in the house though! If you're superstitious, keeping it in the shed should be fine x

My mum in law went mad when I bought my pram in a sale at 12 weeks and told me my baby wouldn't make it through the front door! Crazy lady!

Also......my sons pram is still in the house which baby will use does that then mean I can't put his pram in the house now, I already have a tonne of baby stuff here so not worrying about superstition

Well, this is news to me. We collected our pram at the weekend, and have it built already (We were excited to play with it!!)

I'd imagine 99% of people have the pram before the baby lol. Funny with Friday the 13th i always have a good day! :dance: I just booked a trip on may fri 13th.. bet it kicks me in the arse now and i have a rubbish day hahaha x

I'd imagine 99% of people have the pram before the baby lol. Funny with Friday the 13th i always have a good day! :dance: I just booked a trip on may fri 13th.. bet it kicks me in the arse now and i have a rubbish day hahaha x

I lost my ring years ago like when I was 12 it was a very expensive ring so I was grounded and since then I hate Friday the 13th. :lol:

Lilcurly: I am quite spiritual and so less superstitious. I believe what will be will be.

My mum bought my first pram and is buying this one so her rules are it's not to go in the house but thank God because we've no storage until I clear out my drying room. As for everything else though cot etc was all built about 20odd weeks and this time round as they are sharing rooms mostly everything will be set up when I do the room.

I've not bought any big things yet. I got a mamaroo after my scan but that was mainly because I had a previous loss so wanted to wait until I was n out of the woods so to speak. We hope to buy shortly though when we find the time.

Its your beliefs don't go with what others say. Have the pram where you like.

xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back