Superdrug Digital Pregnancy Tests

Sarah85e

Reaction score
I threw the box away so I forgot to check how sensitive these tests are and their website doesn't say.
I got a positive yesterday morning on a superdrug own brand digital test. I've never used a digital pregnancy test before, there is no way I misread the result. I was quite shocked as we had been using condoms. The reason I tested was because I'm late for my period and That is very odd for me. So I took the 2nd test before bed which was negative.
I also took one of those cheap test strips from Amazon this morning- also negative.

So do you think I was pregnant and it was a 'chemical pregnancy'?
My period is 8 days late, I'm usually on time. The only time it could have been possible I conceieved (with a condom) would mean I ovulated late.

Hi Sarah, can't seem to find anything on the superdrug sensitivity, but I think I'm right in assuming it's much more likely to get a false negative than a false positive result. Could there be a chance the condom has torn or failed somewhat? The 2nd test you took before bedtime wouldve been after a whole day of peeing and therefore more diluted. The hormone may not be high enough to show yet unless youve held your wee for a long time (like overnight) although you would think being 8 days late it wouldve... The strip test couldve been a higher sensitivity, or perhaps it was with second morning urine? Your best bet would be to buy a first response early result and do it tomorrow morning with your first wee of the day, you'll know for sure! It's possible the superdrug digi was defective, hope you get the answer you want in any case! Best of luck to you xx

Last edited:
Thanks Hun! We were planning on trying this year. We don't remember a condom splitting or any defects as we are very careful. I get terrible acne when I'm on the pill and we have used condoms for 10years. I got pregnant first time with my daughter.
We are going to test again either tomorrow or Sunday so hopefully we will have an answer. Either way we are happy.
I breastfed my daughter for over a year, then it took 3 months for my cycle to come back. So I've only have 3 months of periods. Which have been on time but I know my late period could be due to that as well.

I never got early pregnancy symptoms with my daughter. Only tiredness. I have been feeling that for a few days but it could be from Anything

I am trying to forget so I can get on with things and test again another day but it's in my mind. Just don't want to waste tests. Gutted I threw the packet/paper away for the superdrug digital:

Last edited:
Hi Sarah!

I've been in superdrug the other day and i am sure these were 20MLU, as i picket them up and was debating to buy them or not.

I am planning on testing tomorrow, we are going to buy a better test.".
I had some of those one step pregnancy tests from Amazon and all negative. So I'm probably it's probably not likely.

Cycle still hasn't arrived. I did however nearly puke this morning changing my daughters nappy. So.....it's a guessing game.

My worry tbh is that I got a positive test and then miscarriaged. As I have heard positives are very reliable.

Those one step ones are apparently rubbish! I am 4 weeks pregnant but no positive on these yet.

Those one step ones are apparently rubbish! I am 4 weeks pregnant but no positive on these yet.

Good to know. I think these are faulty. Where the 2nd line (pregnant line) would appear I keep getting like a pink dot at the bottom and the top. So the start and end of the pregnant line but no middle.

Hoping for a positive tomorrow.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back