Sunburn????

Jolly81

Reaction score
I'm really panicking. I was out in the sun today having coffee (selfish mummy :-() with friends and I kept Babba in his carseat. But I did have to take him out to feed him.

He did get warm so I took him home, but oh just asked me if he was burnt?!! I didn't think he was but when he wrinkles his forehead it goes white (like when you touch pink skin).

When he was sleeping before his skin still looked normal.

So I googled it and there loads of posts that scared the hell out of me saying if a baby has sunburn take them to go immediately. Now I'm terrified and feel like the worst mother in the world :-(

I jut wish I'd taken him inside to feed him :-(

What should I do? I'm not sure if he is burnt or not?!

If he was burnt my love he would let you know! If you think his head is a little rouge, wipe a little sudocrem on! Don't worry, he won't be sunburnt from you having him out for a feed. You're not a bad mummy. Chin up. My forehead goes white when I wrinkle too.:lol: x

Thank you for that - I literally feel sick with worry. He looks wee so slightly pink but not really- he was straining for food when oh mentioned it, I'm just terrified because they're so precious to us and it really was so stupid of me :-(

Aww your not a bad mummy! Few weeks back I had my LO outside in paddling pool. Now the pool has a shade on it and she had a sun hat on so I slathered her in sun lotion but didn't bother with her cheeks as they were shaded by hat and the pool. Few hours later once we were back indoors she had wee red cheeks! They were not hot and didn't seem to bother her. Popped cream on and it was gone next morning

Next day we were outside again and I let her roll in the grass. Few hours later she was covered in a bumpy rash that lasted nearly a week!

Won't make either of those mistakes again... Xx

This is a photo of him- I feel a bit better, if he is slightly pink I think it's just on the cheeks under the nose a little?

Does he look ok? His cheeks definitely aren't hot and his foreheads a little warm but he's a hot baby anyway.

I've also given him a little cooled boiled water to make sure he's not dehydrated x

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372373140.413284.jpg

Bless him what a beauty!

If he's slightly pink (can't tell at this tine of the morning lol) then he's not 'burnt' and you've done the right thing giving him water. If he was burnt he'd be poorly or at the very least he'd be sore and crying. If you think it is from the sun just keep an eye on him and see a Doc if you need to. He looks fine to me though x

Thanks Claire,

I'm feeling much better about it this morning. I think he's "sunkissed" instead. I was a wreck last night and didn't want to go to sleep in case something happened in the night.

I know my advice to someone would be to not beat yourself up but I do feel so irresponsible and seriously disappointed- I should have known better :-( lesson very much learnt!!! Xxx

I think he will be ok, I'm seriously paranoid about Aaron in the sun!

I was getting daggers for having his buggy apron over him in the good weather so his wee legs didn't get burnt (I had him slathered in sun cream too)

I've since bought a uv net but I still don't think I can bring myself to expose him to the sun.

If he was only out for a feed I wouldn't worry.

I hate it when mums boast about their babies getting a good tan! A friend of mine was posting pics of her baby girl abroad in a teeny one piece and no hat on :wall2:

Sudocrem on the sunkissed bits! Works on everything :d But try not to worry too much, if he was really burnt then you would know. It might not even be a sunburn at all. Anna has rough patches on her forhead all the time that come and go lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back