sun lotion

shell1978

Reaction score
Can anyone recommed the best sun lotion for new borns with dry skin?

We are going away next month and although i dont plan in lo being in direct sunlight i want to be prepared. X

Hiya.

My son has eczema and I use Nivea baby 50+ sun cream on him and find its great on his skin x

You cant use sun screen on newborns. You can get those nets that protect from the sun though

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I never knew that. Surely its dangerous not to use suncream? I know you wouldnt have them in the sun but still...

What age can you use it from? X

My HV told me not to use sun cream on a baby until the age of 3...hmm sod that! X

I never knew that. Surely its dangerous not to use suncream? I know you wouldnt have them in the sun but still...

What age can you use it from? X

Thats the advice i got - cover them up and keep them.in the shade.
My son is now 20 months and i am using Boots own brand and have been since he was old enough

What about "baby" suncream? Is that still 6 months?

xxxxxxx

Bepanthen do a baby one. It doesn't say anything on their website or boots website about waiting until six months.

Although it's supposed to be 6 months my midwife advised me to use some rather than not when we took seb to Greece at 7 weeks old as the risk of getting burnt outweighed the other risks of using the cream. I did use a little on his nose and cheeks but he was obviously always in the shade anyway. I used the Johnson's one and now at 10 months I've been using the nivea one x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

What is the risk of using the cream? My lo is 6 months and ive used it on her since about 4 months. Whenever we have had any sun ive put it on her xx

What is the risk of using the cream? My lo is 6 months and ive used it on her since about 4 months. Whenever we have had any sun ive put it on her xx

It's the chemicals in adult ones can cause irritation on babies skin, which is why they do special baby stuff.

The risk is that babies skin is thin and they absorb a lot through their skin, they just dont know if its safe as of course there are chemicals in it

Wow i nevet knew you shouldnt use it on newborns. Obviously we plan on keeping him out the sun if wr get any that is!! But just wanted to make sure he didnt get burnt at all.

Thanks for the advice x

Wow i nevet knew you shouldnt use it on newborns. Obviously we plan on keeping him out the sun if wr get any that is!! But just wanted to make sure he didnt get burnt at all.

Thanks for the advice x

Personallyni would still use it. Buy one for babies and factor 50+. I use the nivea one x

I wasn't aware you weren't meant to use it on newborns. My eldest was born during a heat wave and I used baby sun cream on her from a few days old and she was fine x

I use the banana boat baby sun cream 50+ . Personally I would rather M had the cream on than kept in the shade, UV rays can still be reflected even in the shade.
x

Although it's supposed to be 6 months my midwife advised me to use some rather than not when we took seb to Greece at 7 weeks old as the risk of getting burnt outweighed the other risks of using the cream. I did use a little on his nose and cheeks but he was obviously always in the shade anyway. I used the Johnson's one and now at 10 months I've been using the nivea one x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Completely agree with this. We moved to the Middle East and although T never sits in the sun and we have an SPF 50 cover for his bugaboo there is still the chance of reflected uv rays. My HVs advice was to use it rather than not as the risks outweighed him getting burned.

I use sudocrem mousse that is designed for babies and infants as he has eczema and he's been fine. He was 4.5 months old when I started using it though.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back