Sun cream for eczema

busymummy

Reaction score
Hi ladies

For those of you with babies that have eczema, what do you find is the best sun cream for their skin? My local pharmacy recommended one that is designed specifically for skin conditions, but it was £15 for a tiny wee tube (like if we had a week of sun I rckon you'd be lucky f the tube lasted the week!). If needs must I will get it, but I was wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks in advance x

Alex has eczema but it's not been sunny here yet :roll: I wrote to several companies and asked for samples (suggested by somebody else on here) and Nivea and Bepanthen both sent full size tubes as they don't do samples - definitely worth it as it really is expensive stuff!

I haven't used the Nivea one yet but it's the Pure & Sensitive one so hopefully it'll be okay. On the one day when I thought it might get sunny I used the Bepanthen one and it was fine. They suggest putting a tiny amount somewhere first to check, before you cover your baby in the stuff :)

I've been using Nivea which seems to be fine - health visitor said to test a bit on their back, an area without excema and check it again in 24 hours x

We use sudocrem. It's a bit messy to apply but he's had no reaction to it. I got mind on 3 for 2 in boots. Otherwise it's £11 per bottle xxx

We use simple baby sun sensitive and never had any problems is 50 UVB too.

Thanks ladies. I bought some nivea 50+ SPF (was half price) yesterday to try, put a wee patch on last night and seems to be fine so fx x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back