Summer at last! What do your babies sleep in?

At room is at 22 and he sleeps in a nappy Tshirt and 1 tog bag x

Eeek, our thermometer says 27 degrees. :/ so she's just in a nappy now. She's not crying but she's struggling to nod off.

Mines 26 she's in a vest with socks on her hands just nodding off on boob and she's roasting :(

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

Our room is 27 and she's in a short sleeved vest and a thin cellular blanket over her. But I've got our tower fan on on there and it will stay on all night If it has too! X

I'm sending oh into the loft tomorrow to get our fan.

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

My God I'm melting! Harry had a rubbish night last night and was up for 2 hours. Not sure if it was because he was hot or not used to sleeping without a blanket or anything. The temp is 28 degrees at the moment and he's just in a vest with the fan on... Hope we have a better night tonight! xx

Well, last night I decided I was probably worrying too much about his legs getting cold... he wouldn't go to sleep until stripped down to just a long sleeved vest. His legs were a little chilly this morning when he woke for a feed at 6am, but not too bad. Today he's got a short sleeved vest and pyjama shorts on. It's bloody melting here, as soon as we got in this afternoon I changed into my pyjama shorts and a vest top :oooo:

Ms monitor is showing 27 degrees at the minute but is not sure how accurate it is? I've had the fan on in there but really hasn't made much difference at all.
She is in a short sleeve vest and a cellular blanket. Windows are wide open in trying to cool the upstairs down but it's not working as yet.

x

Aaron's room was 28 degrees tonight with the window open :faint:

I put him to bed with a vest and sleepsuit .. but he was very restless, went to check on him and he was sweaty and red/blotchy. I took the vest off and left him in a sleepsuit.

I was just about to go up and strip him down to his nappy but he fell asleep

His room has cooled to 24 now, so I will probably close his window and pop a blanket over him before I go to bed.

Tried a different tactic with Cay tonight.

Last night he was in just a nappy, and he woke in the night fidgeting, I think because he was a little cold, so I lifted a blanket over his legs and he went back to sleep until he kicked it off.

Tonight, I've put him in his nappy, in a bag.
I've poppered the bag over his shoulders and under his arms, but left the zip open so his legs are still nice and airy.
Seems to be working so far... Xx

I can't quote the post above about fans, but when our air con broke at home (where it is a good ten to twelve degrees hotter) they told us to put cold, damp tea towls over them or frozen water bottles just in front of them. Sounds barmy but it really did lower the temp.

Our house is always boiling, retains heat like nobodies business!!

We sleep H in a long sleeved vest with a blanket over him usually. But tonight is freakishly hot so he's in a short sleeved vest with a cellular blanket over him. At the min H doesn't settle for the night til around 10.30-11pm and wakes again at 3 and 6am, so i have opportunity to check his temp when he has a feed. Once it cools down a little i'll be buying the grobags to sleep him in.

I use to worry about him getting cold until i spoke with my HV who said if we're gonna have a problem with temps it's better your LO be to cold than too hot. Apparently becoming too hot has been linked with SID's and like she said it's easier to add layers than to try and cool your child down or re-hydrate due to over heating.

x x x

Do you know what ladies, I never thought I'd say this as used to love the hot weather, but wish the weather would cool down - Harry sleeping is crap atm and I think he just sleeps better in his sleeping bag... Roll on autumn with cooler and darker nights - maybe then Harry will sleep better?? xxx

I think the same ceebee

He just can't sleep his room is 29 degrees tonight it's mental! You can feel te heat hit you when you walk by it'

I've just put him in a short sleeved vest tonight but he's been very restless

Tapatalking!

Because our flat is so hot, Riley is just in a nappy with a muslin laid over him. But he kicks that off most of the time, so it's just a nappy for him!

we have our almost 3 yr old inbjust underpants with a fan in. and greg sleeps in iust a nappy with the windows open. our house is a brand newthree storey town house and i swear was quadruple glazed so our bedrooms (and the rest if the houae but spwsh the bedrooms at night with the house locked up)frequently gets to about 30°c without any bother so we spend a lot of time half naked xx

Scott has just been sleeping in a short sleeved vest, he has a cellular blanket on him just because he likes to hold it while he drifts of but by morning it is always kicked off. I'd have thought even a very low tog sleeping bag would be to much and he can't get chilly because he sleeps very peacefully x

tapatalkin

Last couple of nights I've put Cay in his nappy, in a bag.

His bag has a zip right along the bottom and up the side, and a popper at the top of the zip.
So, I've unzipped his bag down to the bottom so his little legs can hang out, but the bag's still done up round his neck and arms, and it's handy for as the night gets cooler.

It's worked a treat. Xx

Tonight Ethan's just in a nappy and a 1 tog sleeping bag. He needs to be in a sleeping bag otherwise he just doesn't sleep! But he's only just got to sleep and he went to bed at 7pm. His room is over 28 degrees and he was really struggling to nod off. I'm hot and bothered, so can't imagine what's its like for them! Xx

Like, WTF body??

It's freaking one THOUSAND degrees out, and I'm sitting here coughing and sneezing and alternating between bunged-up and streaming nose.

Go home, virus, you're drunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back