Summer at last! What do your babies sleep in?

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi ladies

So, for virtually the first time in Harry's short life things have warmed up and I don't know what he should sleep in. Last night I put him a 1.5 tog sleeping bag in just his nappy but it's so hot today, I'm thinking that will be too much? What is everyone else doing??

xxx

Sleeveless vest and 1tog sleeping bag for us hun!

It's meant to get to 30c here by Sunday and we're already hot and grumpy!!

xxxxxxx

See, during the day Alex seems like the hottest little boy ever, but I've been putting him in a short sleeved vest and long sleeved sleepsuit (or pyjamas), in a 1 tog sleeping bag. When it gets really hot I've put him in a long sleeved vest and his 1 tog sleeping bag, and he's always seemed fine. I try to cool the bedroom down before bedtime by closing the curtains on hot days, only works if I remember to do it early enough though.

There have been days when I've considered just using his sleeping bag and nothing on underneath, but I think that his nappy would probably have fallen off if it didn't have the vest to keep it in place, it gets so heavy overnight :lol: Also, I worry that his arms would get cold as even on hot days it sometimes gets quite chilly in the early hours.

I've also considered blankets instead of sleeping bag, but I know Alex would just spend the whole night kicking it off (and probably over his head :roll: ). Sometimes I've also put him in his vest and sleepsuit and not bothered with the sleeping bag.

I am in England and still wearing my long sleeves and cardigans, it is surprising how quickly the temperatures from home are my new normal.

My baby is sleeping in long sleeved bodysuit and a 1.0 tog sleep suit.

Archie sleeps in just a vest...no sleeping bag just a fleece cover which I pop over him before I go to bed x

I've had Libby in baby gro with a blanket laid over her. May have to move to vest soon need the scratch mits on the gro's though so she doesn't look like she's been attacked by Edward Scissor hands .

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

Its super hot here, my two wear sleepsuits and have no blankets. I tried them in a vest with a blanket, and they just kicked off the blanket then got cold nd restless in just the vest. There is an indirect fan in the room to keep the air movng, and they re sleeping happily now. They spend the daytime naked most of the time.

This evening we've gone for a short-sleeved bodysuit and a 1.5 tog sleeping bag. It's so difficult to know for the best, especially when it can get cold around 3-4am.

I live in central UK.

Cay usually goes to bed in PJs (either a onesie, or t-shirt (long or short sleeve) and trousers), and a bag.
Over the last week, he's been in just PJs.
Last nights PJs were t-shirt and shorts.

I've just put him upstairs in a nappy.
99% of the time, our house is a very unremarkable room temperature. Never really feels too hot or too cold.

I think Cay takes after his dad here though. I'm usually too cold. OH will stand outside mid-winter in a t-shirt and trousers whilst I'm shivering in top, jumper, coat and scarf. Xx

Short sleeved vest suit and a light blanket just to cover his legs for my little one :) xx

Ethan's room is about 24 degrees and he's been wearing a short sleeved vest and a 1.5 tog sleeping bag xx

Long sleeved vest and a 1 tog bag. The room is 23 degrees at the mo. I don't like her having her arms bare, they get freezing if they are. If its hotter tomorrow I'll probably put her in a sleep suit with nothing else.

Our son's room is quite cool cos of it's position in the house. We put him to bed in a sleepsuit and vest. We've been putting him down with no blankets and then putting a blanket over him when we go to bed if we feel it's a bit cooler by then. I worry about him getting cold in the middle of the night.

Thanks ladies :) it seems like quite a wide spectrum of what people put their LOs in on hot days/nights. It's so difficult to know what's for best but I think I'll keep with what I'm doing for now. I don't want him to overheat but don't want him getting cold either. I guess I'd rather put a little less on him as he will tell me if he's cold I think! I feel reassured now so thanks :) xx

I live in central UK.

Cay usually goes to bed in PJs (either a onesie, or t-shirt (long or short sleeve) and trousers), and a bag.
Over the last week, he's been in just PJs.
Last nights PJs were t-shirt and shorts.

I've just put him upstairs in a nappy.
99% of the time, our house is a very unremarkable room temperature. Never really feels too hot or too cold.

I think Cay takes after his dad here though. I'm usually too cold. OH will stand outside mid-winter in a t-shirt and trousers whilst I'm shivering in top, jumper, coat and scarf. Xx

This last 2 lines are the same as me and oh lol. My lo usually goes to bed in best, body suit and 2 blankets over her but tonight she is just vest an body suit no blankets. Xx

I'm so jealous of these babies that don't need swaddling. E can't sleep without being swaddled and in heat like this its an absolute nightmare!

C loves being snuggled so he is in his PJ top and a 1 tog sleeping bag x

I read somewhere when I was pregnant that a cold baby will cry, whereas a hot baby will just... stew...

Ever since I've been paranoid about frying Cay so I've always made sure he's warm without being bundled up.
In the heart of winter, he'd have vest and t-shirt (one of which was long sleeve), socks, trousers, and a folded blanket for going out, and a cardi/coat and second blanket with us in case, which we rarely put on him.

He's never had more than PJs and a bag for bed, although one night when it was really cold he ended up in bed with me, but that was at like, 5am when we get up at 6 anyway xx

We're away for the weekend and Jack's monitor is reading 26c at the moment. He has shorts & tshirt pj's on with nothing else. But he's 2. Harry's in with me and our room is reading 23/24c. He sleeps in a babygro and nothing else but he's a tummy sleeper and they're naturally warmer. He's a warm sweaty baby anyway!

When we're at home Jack's room is normally around 23c in this weather so he sleeps in his shorts/tshirt pj's & a 1 tog grobag. Harry still only has a babygro and nothing else x

Just a short sleeved vest tonight as his gro egg is showing 25 degrees. He's still sweaty and is moaning up there! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back