Sugar in Urine

Sarahe

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone advise.

I saw my midwife on Tuesday and she said that I had sugar in my urine, on my notes but didnt really elaborate, (she took a call on her mobile and proceeded to continue checking me whilst chatting and then waved me off :evil: ) my urine was second of the day and I had only had one-half slices of marmite on toast.

Since then I have cut my sugar intake, not that I have a lot i.e dont have it in tea etc, I usually have a bar of choc a day.

My problem is I really really really really want a bar but dont know if I can?

Sarah

I am currently looking at WH Smith out of my window with awe at the chocolate :cry:

Hey hun,

I don't think you need to worry about your sugar intake but sometimes sugar in the urine can indicate gestational diabetes which can lead to big babies but i'm sure your mw would have investigated this further or maybe she'll check again at your next check. How rude of her to be on the phone - sometimes i think they just see us as another patient whereas we see ourselves as the only pregnant woman in the world!

Take care Juz xxx

how long till your next check up hun? maybe shes waiting to see if its a one off before investigating further xxxx

Hi Sarah,

At my last check up I saw my doctor coz my midwife is crap and he said i'd got sugar in my wee, i joked about not eating chocolate & he said I couldn't have any but he laughed when he said it so I think he was joking. I used to eat tons of it & have cut down a hell of alot (apart from the sugary wee my double chin is turning into a triple! :lol: )
My doc didn't seemed concerned at all, I think its something they will keep an eye on but I don't think you need to worry, i'm sure if your pee was overloaded the midwife would send you for more tests or something.

If you're dying for some choccie, have some, just don't eat loads of it along with lots of other sugary stuff.

Nicki.x

Hi thanks for your replies, I gave in after my dinner last night and had a few squares :lol:

I have another antenatal tuesday with my consultant, it is so time consuming as I have the midwife one week the consultant the next, is anyone else on consultant lead appointments? I see him every 6 to 8 weeks

I will question the sugar when I see him.

Thanks again

Sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back