Sugar in urine

Louise88

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new here, I'm Louise, 27, 25 weeks with my first baby who is a little girl :)
I was just looking for a little bit of advice - I had my midwife appointment this afternoon and she tested my urine and said I had high levels of sugar in it and asked what Id been eating.. She called and made me an appointment at my local womens hospital for tomorrow morning for a glucose test.
I'm a little worried about having GD and I know that I'll know soon enough after my test tomorrow whether I do have it or not but was just wondering, could it be the case that I have high sugar in my urine because of eating sweet things last night and a little while before my test this afternoon? Could that be why or is it most likely the case that I have GD?
Thanks in advance
Xx

Last edited:
It is most likely you have GD. Though it is possible to have sugar in your urine without being diabetic. Eating a lot of sugar wont help but isnt the cause on its own. Even when you eat a lot of sugar it should be processed by your body and broken down, it doesnt normally pass in your urine as sugar. Sugar in your urine means your body is having trouble processing sugar which is most likely because of GD.

Last edited:
Sounds like GD to me, good that you're getting an early glucose test, think you normally get one around 28 weeks if its still the same as last time x

I have the same issue. I'm 22 weeks though and it's been in my urine twice now. I had plus 1 the first time and plus 3 yesterday so my GTT has been bought forward from the 1st June to the 9th may. So it's not looking good for me either x

I had sugar in my urine since 16 weeks. Had the GTT and it came back completely normal. I've had 2 more positives since then including yesterday at 31 weeks. I was expecting to go for another GTT but midwife doesn't seem worried as I'm otherwise well and no history of diabetes or high bmi. She did say that some women do just have sugar in their urine for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back