Suddenly feeling clueless

AmyQ

Reaction score
I probably have one or at least the start of it but the last couple of days had been a little better. After a terrifying night last night when Evan just screamed as if he was in agony until he settled down enough to feed.

He is being sick a lot after feeds and a while after the feed yet still seems hungry. I really don't know what to do; feed him more, burp him more, have him upright (which still brings up sick). I basically feel like I've gone back to day 1 and haven't got a clue. He doesn't seem to be bothered by being sick but if it's overfeeding then why is he hungry again.

Just need sone reassurance please ladies xx

I would say it sounds a bit like reflux. Baby can want more milk after being sick because the milk helps soothe the pain caused the stomach acid when they're sick.

Can you contact your hv for advice? My lo is extremely difficult to wind and sometimes he projectile voms on me if it's not all brought up! I give him infacol (which he loves, strange child) and that has helped loads but found he is feeding a lot more frequently now it's hotter.

Hope you get it sorted soon. I have daily moments of not having a clue, my lo is 20 weeks old now xxx

tapatalking x

I'm just confused as he doesn't seem in pain. Tried HV earlier but got answerphone. Didn't want to seem like a crazy mummy but it doesn't seem right xx

Sorry I don't have any advice, but even now 10 months on, I still find myself clueless on a regular basis! Babies are hard work. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon hun xx

I found b went through really sicky phases and I end up putting it down to it coinciding with growth spurts. So when she'd feed more and increased my supply it seemed to take a bit of time for her to settle and stop being so sick with the extra milk. Does that make any sense? Xxx

Maybe try a dummy? He might want something to suck rather than a feed?

I've tried a dummy but he won't take one. He seems to want to suck or chew which used to be his hungry signal. I'm quite happy for him to use me as a dummy. It's frustrating as i can never really tell when he's hungry until i try and feed him - which i do more often than not. If he doesn't want it I'll get screamed at :(

Not sure it's a growth spurt issue, i have plenty to go round (lol) and it's been progressively getting worse for a few weeks. He was never sick in the first 4 weeks.

I'm clueless on a daily basis Amy...sometimes it's like taking one step forward and three back!! Sorry I cant offer any advice...but please be reassured that I for one, still sometimes have no idea what I am doing :) xxx

I'm clueless on a daily basis Amy...sometimes it's like taking one step forward and three back!! Sorry I cant offer any advice...but please be reassured that I for one, still sometimes have no idea what I am doing :) xxx

That is so true! My LO is four months and even now, he's in his own wee routine, but will still pull something out that has me stumped! He's been teething the last few days and OMG he's been a nightmare! My little independent boy who sleeps through at night has been waking up moaning and chewing his dummy in the night and has been screaming to be held all the time! Even my OH was saying he's been like a sulky teenager!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back