Sudden loss of appetite

Valentina92

Reaction score
Hello ladies

I was wondering if this is normal, can anyone please help me

Today I'm 6w2d and have just completely lost my appetite, the thought of food just makes me queasy. (I havent actually been sick yet but when I try to eat it feels like I'm pushing the limit slightly) Is this normal? Fruit seems to be going in fine at all times of the day though so that I'm slightly happy about. My OH keeps telling me to eat properly but nothing seems to be working at the moment.
Xx

Everyone reacts to pregnancy differently, some people don't stop eating. I personally list my appetite completely and it hasn't come back the entire pregnancy x

Thanks for your advise! I see you're having twins, congrats!
Did you speak to your gp/mw about this in the beginning? Could it not be harmful for the baby at some point if it keeps carrying on as I think I'm eating way too little for a whole day?
Xx

Totally, when I was a bit further into Tri 1 than you are currently, I could eat breakfast and lunch plus snack all day but the thought of anything at all in the evening made me feel queasy even though I knew I was hungry. I wasn't sick either I just didn't fancy anything, plus the thought of fresh meat made me go green, I was almost veggie at one point!! I made myself eat toast just to keep the edge off and could manage to keep that down.
I lived off cheese and tomato sandwiches for lunch but even that didn't tickle my tastebuds at night!
Make sure you keep hydrated, my appetite came back eventually x

Thankyou :) I have spoken to them yes they don't seem concerned as babies have grown very well, they are about 6lbs each at the minute and I currently weigh about 5lbs less than when I got pregnant .... It's a great diet lol. X

Thanks Ruby
Toast might be a good one as its quite plain. Ive been drinking loads of water the past 2 weeks too so hydration should be ok.
Xx

lol sounds like a great diet, I could do with losing a few pounds too :p

:) you never know your appetite might return x

Don't worry too much, there's nothing your GP will be able to do.. I was never sick but was so nauseous (mostly evenings) from around 5 weeks through to 10 weeks. Stay hydrated, take your pregnancy vitamins before bed and just eat whatever you can. Tell your partner that healthy eating is out the window until tri 2 when hopefully the nausea has passed! I felt guilty at first but now that i'm over the nausea i'm able to focus on nutrition. For those weeks I could only really manage cereal and ice pops.. Baby will be fine, i'd only be worried on that front with excessive vomiting xx

My appetite still isnt back my diet is awful i can only cope with fruit veg and potatoes lol! I just stay hydrated and keep taking my vitamins, baby is growing fine so im just assuming alls okay. Ive lost so much weight this pregnancy haha! Not intentional though!

Thanks ladies, this reassures me a little. I read online that the baby doesnt need much nutrition at this stage as it's so small still so that put my mind at ease a bit too
xx

Mac that could be way worse! At least it's not jaffa cakes, rice pudding and hobnobs :lol: You superstar for getting all that veg down! Now that i'm eating normally i'm battling to not gain too much weight this time.. I went a bit nuts first time round and ballooned! Oooh yes, ice pops saw me through many dark times.. It will be fine Valentina don't worry sweet :) xxx

Just do whatever makes things most comfortable for you. If that means eating small amounts because you don't fancy more, do it. If it means eating all day because you're starving all the time, do that. I expect you'll have ups and downs with your appetite. Baby is tiny and will not be affected by you eating small amounts instead of larger amounts.

Thanks ladies. It's been a little better yesterday, even managed to get breakfast in this morning lol. x

I've had loss of appetite too . I'm not as far as you but I have mild OHSS which is filling my abdomen with fluid, I'm only a few weeks but I have a big bump that looks maybe 3 months ! I struggle to feel hungry and when I do make myself eat it's been tuc biscuits, nachos , Doritos etc up till the other day when I managed some mild chilli (with Doritos lol) . The main thing I've been advised is to graze rather than eat big meals, aim to eat something 5 times a day and drink plenty of water. I've also been drinking Lucazade sport (no caffeine) and squash. Hope your appetite comes back soon !

Hello ladies

I was wondering if this is normal, can anyone please help me

Today I'm 6w2d and have just completely lost my appetite, the thought of food just makes me queasy. (I havent actually been sick yet but when I try to eat it feels like I'm pushing the limit slightly) Is this normal? Fruit seems to be going in fine at all times of the day though so that I'm slightly happy about. My OH keeps telling me to eat properly but nothing seems to be working at the moment.
Xx

I went through that in the first trimester. Some days I couldn't eat much at all. Now my appetite is back with a vengeance. LOL One day last week when I got off work, I was so famished I felt like I hadn't eaten in 2 days even though I had had breakfast and lunch that day. So I think it's normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back