Successful pregnancies with multiple miscarriages

Rainbow1234

Reaction score
Hi just looking for some hope.

I had a mmc then a mc in 2014 then had my daughter. I’ve since had another mmc this year. Just wondering if anyone else had a mixture of successful pregnancies and mc and successfully had more than one child.

I have an appointment in December to get some tests done. Don’t know if I’m hoping they find something or they don’t!

My mum had a mc at 8 weeks, then me, then a mc at 16 weeks, then my sister. They couldn’t find a reason for her mcs. I think you can definitely have another successful pregnancy x

I had 1 mc before DS1 and 2 in a row before DS2. Really hope you get your rainbow baby soon xxx

Last edited:
Thank you TS, did you ever have any tests or get any reasons for why it happened? I’m desperate to try again but scared too. X

No answers just after the one before DS2 they put me on aspirin until I was 12 weeks xxx

I have had 5 losses and I am pregnant with baby number 5. This is my 10th pregnancy. I had 2 miscarriages then my first son, immediately fell pregnant with my daughter then had a miscarriage again then pregnant with my third. Then I had an ectopic pregnancy and removal of left tube. Then fell pregnant with my 4th I then had another miscarriage last October and now I am 21 weeks with number 5. I do have a blood clotting disorder factor v lieden and have known this for many years as it runs in my family. It's known to cause early miscarriage so I inject daily with clexane and take aspirin throughout my pregnancies. But It's still possible for me to have successful pregnancies. Don't lose hope it will happen for you xxx

Thank you mummy moreton. I’m wondering if I have a blood clotting disorder of some type too. I had blood clots in the womb on 2 of my mmc and the latest one was suspected partial molar but turned out it wasn’t molar, my theory is that the placenta maybe had a lot of clots which made them think it was molar. No one ever told me anything though so will be interesting to get the tests x

Well I know in factor v lieden it can cause small clots. Recurrent early miscarriage is one of the symptoms. I hope you get some answers. I was told to take a small aspirin when trying to get pregnant or when I immediately find out I'm pregnant whichever is sooner. Then I inject with clexane from 6 weeks when there's a viable heartbeat. I know how disheartening it is but I have gone into have so many babies even with all these problems and losses so there's hope xxx

That’s really interesting. How long did it take you to get your diagnosis? I’m worried ttc is going to be off the table for ages. I had my latest mc in August and not being able to try since then has been difficult x

I had my son and then three miscarriages between having him and my daughter. Two were mmc and the third was a medical mystery but suspected ectopic.

Hubby and I had tests for recurrent miscarriage but all results came back as normal.

XX

Thank you Emily. Did you have to take any medication or do anything differently on your latest pregnancy? X

6 mcs. Then had my daughter then son. Tests results were normal x

Thanks peanut butter. Did you have to take any medication or anything with your daughter and son? X

Thank you Emily. Did you have to take any medication or do anything differently on your latest pregnancy? X

Nope, no meds and didn't do anything differently.

I asked our consultant about aspirin and also progesterone. She said there's no point in taking aspirin if you don't have a clotting issue and that extra progesterone won't prevent a mc either.

XX

I was tested for factor V lieden when I was 18 and I'm 32 now. Can't remember how long it took. I was tested because my sister had recurrent miscarriages and it came to light that there was a blood clotting condition in the family. It's never caused me a problem only when trying to conceive or when pregnant xxx

Thank you everyone. This has given me some hope. We’ll see what the tests bring x

Hi,
I had 3 early mc between my 1st son and 2nd son I had tests done which all came back normal and they basically said I just needed to carry on trying. I self medicated after reading on the internet and took baby aspirin up till about 14 weeks and it was all ok wether it worked or not i felt like I was doing something to help myself. I am now pregnant with my 3rd and 15 weeks, I took baby aspirin up till about 8 weeks. Really sorry your going through this as it’s a heart wrenching time!!! Xx

Thanks holsf, that gives me hope, must admit I’m thinking about using aspirin next time, it can’t do any harm. When did you start taking it? X

My first pregnancy ended at 12 weeks being anembryonic, then around 7 months later had a chemical.
We eventually had DS, the perfect healthy little boy we always dreamt of. I'm another of those who finally concieved once we stopped 'trying'. The first pregnancy just happened, we ttc for a year with no luck, then stopped and concieved DS. The pressure of trying really can work against you so try not to be too overly obsessed about it, if at all possible.
We won't be ttc DC2 for another year or so, but just having DS and being pregnant before then leaves me very confident about being able to ttc successfully again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back