success with my doppler at last....

Anna Marie

Reaction score
Last night I finally heard my little Bod's heartbeat using my own doppler at home.. I know I heard it last week with m/wife's doppler and at hospital but it was so wonderful being able to just lie there on my bed for 45 minutes listening to it!!

So 15 weeks and only now heard it.. what a relief.. I have had the doppler since week 7 and been so disappointed every time that I gave up but yesterday I was feeling very depressed so went to bed very early and thought I would have a go... YIPPEEE!!

I even called my mum so she could listen in too.. it was so lovely.

So I am feeling less depressed today :) :) :)

anna marie - i sent mine back..... i had mine from week 6 (little eager) i sent it back last week because i couldn't pick up chicks heart beat... i only hired mine (£20 a month) got fed up lying on the bed most nites for 1/2 hour - i was getting so frustrated with myself i decided it was best if i sent it back!

Wish i'd kept hold of it now thou! what was it like? they say it sounds similar to a train. I thought i'd found the heart beat weeks back but then realised it was my pulse.

x

Hayley it was so lovely... yes it defo sounds like a train chugging away and you can tell when it moves as there is a whooshing sound and the beat fades.. then comes back.. its fab! I will try to do it every couple of days just to cheer me up.

We bought ours on Ebay for £55 so worth every penny for my peace of mind and my OH's sanity dealing with my anxiety!

I too spent weeks very upset not being able to hear it.. but glad I persevered as it really is a special sound.. made me actually feel pregnant.. all the scans are great but still feel detached somehow but when you hear it inside you it feels very different.. very real!

xx

awww its wonderful isnt it :D i get to hear mine now whenever i see midwife about every 4 weeks and it brings tears to my eyes every time
xxxxxxxxx

Anna Marie I'm so pleased you managed to find little bods heatbeat! I can't wait to hear mine. That must really put your mind at rest now. Although...... don't panic if you can't find it next time!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back