stupid question

umbongo

Reaction score
Need to do my hospital bag and need maternity pads. Can you get specific ones for this? Or do I just get super absorbent plusplusplus or something? Had a look in asda and nothing was marked maternity. I haven't bought pads since I was about 15 so haven't a clue!

Thanks
X

You get specific maternity pads! I got mine from mothercare think you get about 48 for about £5, from what iv heard you should only use mat ones as they have no chemicals in (like always would to help absorb) as they could cause infection xx

^WSS

And also even superplusplus isn't enough hahaa. You deffo need specific maternity ones as the bleeding is really quite horrendous for the first few days!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yes sadly u do need maternity ones they are usually either next to the tena ladies pads for incontinance or in the baby sections in supermarkets got a feeling Asda is in the section with baby stuff like food and baby meds nappys etc x

asda do do them hun next to breast pads normally with all the baby toiletries xx

yes its asda little angels range with the baby stuff , they are not kept with the other usual sanitary towels in asda xx

they are not usually with the sanitary towels for periods in the supermarkets - they are usually with baby stuff, like where bottles and nappy cream and stuff are! that's where breast pads, and all that maternity stuff is too!

I only used maternity towels for the first few days as the padding helps when sitting down etc :) but after that moved on to the large sized thin towels like always with wings etc :)

Mothercare have buy 2 get another free at the moment too. x

I got mine online from Tesco too :) got the matching disposable knickers to go with them :') xx

As others have said they are with the baby stuff, usually with the likes of breast pads etc. Tesco had them on 3 for 2. Not sure if they still are. Only a quid a pack of 10 though.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I've got mine from asda, near baby stuff - along with breast pads etc. really cheap too - I stocked up yesterday :)

I have a selection from asda, sainsburys and tesco. They were by the baby toiletries and had 3 for 2 includng breast pads. I have 6 packs as my friend said buy loads as she had to send her OH out for more.

I got the Kotex pads nighttime things (the black ones?) and they were a pound but they were so good! Like little mattresses for my vag. The bleeding in the first few days is absolutely horrific. I'd feed my baby and because my uterus contracted there was just blood dripping everywhere! Not nice

Xx

Thanks ladies! It's really going to be lovely.....!
I have reusable breast pads and they're bamboo cotton, so soft I love them!

OMG - i am now so scared!!! didnt realise there would be so much bleeding.

I'm not used to heavy periods so not looking forward to it! Bf helps as,it contracts your uterus.
Don't panic, better to expect it than be freaked out when you didn't expect it! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back