Stupid anterior placenta!!!

love87

Reaction score
I'm 20 weeks and still don't feel baby much! It is so frustrating... I find myself worrying myself senseless. I know she is fine in there as I had anti-natal check Monday and a gender scan on Monday and all was good. I just want her to punch and kick me. Lol. I feel lots of wiggles some days and other days nothing. Nothing definitive yet. :( it took midwife ages to find her heartbeat Monday, luckily I had had scan an hour previous so I knew all was good so I didn't panic. Who knew the placenta can cause so much bother. X

I had the same with my first pregnancy so I can totally empathise! Don't worry your not far off feeling big kicks and movements,and once baby starts twisting and doing big movements you will forget the placenta I promise x

I was the same and mw told me today that she thinks placenta is all at the front but from 23 weeks he hasn't stopped x

Felt totally the same as u !!
But now I'm 28 weeks I feel her loads more .... Probably not as much of placenta wasn't anterior
But feel her everyday which is reassuring
The kicks just feel a lot more internal if that makes sense
Try not to worry won't be long till u feel her more!

I had this first time and hated it and now I got another one this pregnancy! Although feeling more earlier this time with my dd even at 30 weeks I struggled for regular movement x

I totally understand too, I had an anterior placenta with my first yet felt more movements than with this one. I am always worrying about whether or not baby has been moving or not. I have to lie down and poke baby sometimes just to feel movements as struggle during the day. I thought being my 3rd and now 21wks that I would be feeling so much more by now xx

It's awful! I'm lucky to feel her a couple of times a day. Even when I poke her, she sometimes so s not move. I saw she doesn't but she was really active at scan and I could feel none of it. It's just getting me down :(

I'm sure my boy was having a sod you moment last night, I actually felt some pretty string kicks and for the first time felt them from the outside. Still not felt anything this morning and been up over 2hrs :( I'm sure this will be a distant memory when we start getting the stronger kicks lol xx

I feel ur pain hun, i had one with my 1st. Resulted to alot of visits to antenatal ward in late tri 3 due to worrying with reduced movement.

U will feel baby soon! But i found Noah was up the top or on the sides more than in front. So as soon as baba grows a bit more and gets a bit stronger ull feel it soon.

I still got the toes in the ribs and the horrible cervix punchs causing fanny daggers lol! So dw ull have alm that to come :)

Try not to worry tho, i remember going for my 20wk scan and he was going mental and i couldnt feel a thing.. By 23-24 weeks he was more active and even OH could feel it.

This time placenta is posterior, i have felt it alot sooner but not overally more xxx

I have this too this is my second successful (fingers crossed) pregnancy it's worrying because I felt my first at fourteen weeks

I have an anterior placenta too and seem to be feeling much less so far than I did in my first pregnancy when my placenta was posterior.
I'm 22+4 and still only really feeling movements when I'm sat still or lying down, and only a few times a day, mainly in the morning and evening when I'm in bed. The movements are so, so gentle still, and all right down towards my right hip, I'm sure my whole belly was moving with proper movements by this point last time. OH has felt baby once or twice, but only just.
It really worries me some days when I feel like I haven't felt 'enough' but I still think it's early days in term of feeling regular movements. I'm planning on mentioning it to the mw when I see her next week.
Xx

i have an anterior placenta too, i want to feel more lol, not feeling much at the moment (23 weeks, first baby)

Last edited:
I'm 21 weeks and feeling lots but the movements are very faint! I mainly feel her when I am sitting still or lying down. I'm thinking this is normal? I do not feel her at the middle either, it is either very low down (pubic line) or my side when I'm lying down. Hoping it is normal.

I was about 21 weeks before I felt my first baby at all with an anterior placenta so try not to feel too disheartened. It will happen!

I didn't feel baby until around 25 weeks with my placenta last time! This time I have an anterior placenta again but ice been feeling from 16 weeks, somerines it just pretends where baby is. My epu was great with reassuring me last time

Found out yesterday I have this too 😐 seems very common. Was looking forward to feeling movements any day (I'm 15 weeks with baby number 4) but it's looking like that won't happen any time soon!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back