Struggling with varicose veins

MrsE

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm trying not to moan but my right leg is just getting worse with these horrible veins. I'm currently waiting for my support tights which the doctor prescribed. I'm a teacher so spend most of my time stood up. I make sure my leg is elevated every night and most of the weekend.

In fact today I've gone on a short walk (meant to be good) and my leg has been constantly elevated. But no, I've found more veins! They're all over my right foot now!! As soon as I stand up they're back. They're really uncomfortable and my right ankle is stiff with them. I'm just getting really fed up. I've still got 8 weeks left and I'm scared about how much worse they're going to get! Can't stop crying now.

Has anyone else got them? Had them? Know any secret cures to stop them spreading?

Iv not got this but I believe its caused by poor circulation so maybe making sure you don't cross your legs and ankles and that you move your ankles around can you teach by sitting more for your classes? Also ice on them is supposed to help it certaintly won't hurt? So maybe a cold bath or shower or putting an ice pack or frozen peas onto the area when you have them elevated? Excersise is supposed to help iv read... How about swimming mayb as this wouldn't put pressure on then either? Hope u get ur support tights/stockings soon big hugs xxx

How much longer do u have at work could u move ur mat leave forward at all ? X

I have some on my right leg. They just plainly stink! Support hoes help. Try buying some really good walking shoes, that will help out quite a bit!

Thank you.

I have a week and 2 days left as the children go on holiday. My actual maternity leave doesn't start till 2nd Septemberso don't want to go off earlier as will then have to go back earlier.

I might take tomorrow off.

I've got something from the freezer as you've recommended. xx

Hi i went to the doctors with painful lumpy ones and i have some cream which did help them from flaring up. Im a hairdresser so im also up on my feet alot, its horrible as at night im getting really restless legs and fidgeting esp with this extra heat its 10 times worse at work :( iv 8 weeks left at work, 10 weeks until due date. Xxx

What cream was it that you got prescribed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back