Struggling to stop smoking :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayl1992

Reaction score
Hi ! I’m 10 weeks pregnant and I am really finding hard to stop smoking I have cut down from 10’a day to 3-4 but still feeling really guilty. I’ve spoken to my midwife but she basically said “just stop” but it’s not as easy as that. I know my beautiful baby is growing inside my tummy and that should be enough for me to stop but because I am so stressed and hormonal I keep on going for the cigs 😞 has anyone got any advice for me please ? I’m posting this because I want help and not to be judged. Thanks everyone x

It really is best to just stop

I smoked for 18 years before I fell with this one and I just quit because I know the toxins are washing over the placenta and affecting the blood flow to baby and they need all the support they can get in this early stage

I didnt find it hard personally however I fully appreciate it if you are struggling as I had always struggled myself when I wasnt pregnant and failed every time I tried to stop for myself

You really need to weigh up the risks to baby and think forward to what its worth still smoking for me thinking about my tiny weeny baby being infused with all those chemicals just absolutely broke my heart !!!!

I know it is stressful so please take all the help you can from the nhs see if you can have patches maybe ? Take up a new hobby anything to break the habit for both your sakes

Good luck ! :)

It's hard to quit an addiction cold turkey. It's good you've cut down at least but even 3-4 a day is very bad for baby. Have you tried nicotine patches/gum? They work for a lot of people. Have you tried vaping/e-cigs? I know they're not the same and also not recommended but they'll be less damaging to baby. Other than that I'm afraid you just have to have a lot of will power and think about what you're doing to your baby. You can do it!

Last edited:
Yes vaping is an option!

It is definitely hard as hell to do but as winterwolf said....you can do this !

Even though Ive quit I still every now and again get the urge ! And I just have to go for a walk or make a cup of tea or just do something until I have forgotten about it

The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr. This book helped my husband to quit. Hope it will come in handy for you too

here is a big difference between thinking it’s a good idea to quit, and truly wanting to quit. When you come to the point that you can’t see your life without smoking cannabis and you can’t see your life with smoking cannabis, you will truly be ready to quit. When that point comes, finding a local NA meeting for support may help. When you are truly ready, quitting will be much easier.

Smoking is an addiction. Just do not look for excuses. Remember that this little man has to inhale this cigarette smoke. If you still have a problem with it - go to the psychological clinic that will definitely help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back