Struggling to sleep

Rachel1509

Reaction score
For the past week or so, I've really been struggling at bed time. I dread it because I know I'm gonna be up most of the night tossing and turning.
It takes me ages to drift off, then I wake up multiple times and can't get back to sleep. I can't lay properly, I can't get comfy, LO keeps moving about too. Last night it got so bad that I just sat up in bed and cried with frustration for about 10 mins. OH didn't even notice cos he was sound asleep.

Any tips at all? ANYTHING!? :(

Have u got a body pillow??? I swear by mine xxx

Am the same .... I did buy a body pillow and I do find it helps slightly as it helps me and the bump get comfy but I keep waking up through the night constantly. Xxxx

I get like that sometimes, one week I,m fine, the next I can,t sleep. My oh keeps telling me I,m not trying hard enough!! What else can I do, if I,m lying there with my eyes shut?!?! I,ve found getting up and doing something helps, either watching tv or reading a book helps me. If I lie there awake I get frustrated coz I can,t sleep and it keeps me up longer.

Sorry to hear your not sleeping, With my first I was up at 2am till about 5am and just got up and went on PC or watched tele. Didn't find anything that helped me go back to sleep at all straight away I just rode it out.

Maybe try having a bath just before you go bed relax you x

A big fat sausage pillow has been my saviour.

It goes under your bump and between your legs, I got mine from mothercare for £40. Have a bath before bed to relax too. And make sure you have a wee before you go to bed. Lol

i cant sleep well either, i get comfy then wake up an hour later and everything hurts! like i feel like my pelvis and legs are gonna snap or something, so i sturggle turning over and finally get settled and comfy in another position and go back to sleep just to do the same thing an hour or so later. its bloody annoying to say the least. baby kicks actually cheer me up n keep me company in the night lol

I've seen the big sleep pillows but keep putting off buying one because of how expensive they can be. I keep telling myself it wouldn't be a good investment as I won't get enough use out of it now I'm approaching week 30. I've seen a little sleep wedge pillow for a tenner, but it's only small and don't know if it would make much difference?
I currently use a plain pillow for my tummy area but it's not good and doesn't help whatsoever.

masonowen I get that off OH too! He says to me "Try and relax and keep your eyes shut". Well what the hell does he think I'm trying to constantly do!! It does my head in!

I've seen the big sleep pillows but keep putting off buying one because of how expensive they can be. I keep telling myself it wouldn't be a good investment as I won't get enough use out of it now I'm approaching week 30. I've seen a little sleep wedge pillow for a tenner, but it's only small and don't know if it would make much difference?
I currently use a plain pillow for my tummy area but it's not good and doesn't help whatsoever.

masonowen I get that off OH too! He says to me "Try and relax and keep your eyes shut". Well what the hell does he think I'm trying to constantly do!! It does my head in!

I spent a while deciding about whether to buy one for the same reason, though it has been my best purchase so far and I intend to use it when feeding as a support cushion.

I decided a good nights sleep was worth £40 in the end. :lol:

I'm the same, I have a pregnancy pillow and last night I tried sleeping without it and it made a difference. For the last week I've been getting up from 2 til 5. Then I sleep all morning. I cried a couple of nights this week as I was so tired and I couldn't get to sleep. Also if I have one more person tell me, it's my body getting ready for sleepless nights I will snap.

Just last night was a good night no tv before bed and a hot drink.

We understand what you are going through sweetie. X

It,s daft isn,t, it,s not our fault we can,t drop off!! It,s different when they can,t sleep tho. Men :roll:

I'm the same, I'm not usually tired till like late now 3am onwards and even when I do try and sleep I get restless legs or toss and turn all night :( xxx

:hug: I don't sleep very well. I find by about this time, I'm contemplating bed, then I get up about 5 times for a pee. It's very hard to get up or turn over in bed without huffing, puffing and yelping! Then everytime you're up for pee, you need to try and get back to sleep again.

I'm trying to think of it as good practice for when lo arrives lol, but feel your frustration hun :hug:

xxx

Soo glad I'm not the only one struggling (not that I'm happy you're all lacking sleep haha, just so I'm not alone.. I know what I mean!!) :good:

Think I might try and stay awake for as long as possible tonight.. into the early hours and see if that helps at all. I end up getting out of bed been really ratty and hormonal because of it - feel sorry for OH! But then when he's coming out with stupid comments like "Try and relax more, just close your eyes and you'll drift off" I'm beginning to not feel so bad about my moods! :mad:

Aww Ive barely slept my entire pregnancy :( I finally drift off about 3am, and I get up every 2 hours until 9, then I sleep till 11-12. Ive tried getting up at 8 to see if it helps with the sleep but it doesnt haha. I have SPD too, which usually has me waking up in pain. Aww the joys haha xxx

I use a normal pillow but because I sleep with legs bent means it goes in-between my knees and partially under bump. It really help me. Apparently having it in-between your legs helps to support hips x x

I sleep with a pillow between my legs too. That doesn't help with the 8 nightly trips to the loo though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back