Struggling to express-tips??

Lauren84

Reaction score
My gorgeous little boy is 5 days old but will not latch on at all so I'm trying to express and also giving him formula as well.

I'm really struggling to express enough for half he wants let alone the full amount. I've cried every day and feel bad.

Any tips on increasing the amount I can produce? X

You need to express minimum of 8 times in 24 hours with at least one of these during the night try double pumping also if you can try to be as relaxed as you can when pumping have your baby close to you or a picture to look at as this will help!
These tips should make a difference over the next few day if you keep it up x

Have you tried using nipple shields? Harrison wouldn't latch atall & I expressed for the first 5 days. I put a medela nipple shield on & he latched & fed straight away. May be worth a shot? They aren't very expensive x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

I find when pumping compress the boob gently as if hand expressing it increases the flow.

Thanks both. I've tried nipple shields but no luck with them either, he latches on but just stops.

Thanks glowing, will give it another go now x

eat oaty foody and try fenugreek supplement, these increase milk supply, drink lots of water and try to relax if you can

oh and i express at every feed so every 3 hours, i try latching her and then give her the bottle of expressedor formula depending how much i managed to pump last feed then once baby is sortedi pump as much asi can from each boob ready for next feed

After a shower my boobs used to run even though I struggled to supply most of the time, so get the pump to hand for after a shower/bath!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back