Struggling at work!

umbongo

Reaction score
Only 3 days left thank f*$k! but it's SOOOOO hot in our school. IT's really horrible. I had to sit outside on a chair in the shade first thing this morning as I was getting in a state. Just could not sleep last night so did get a few hours but bad quality and then never cooled down as it felt hot first thing. Someone came to ask me if I was okay and I burst into tears!! Embarrassing!! I managed to plod on and the kids kept me going but dreading the last 3 days as weather not set to cool down at all!

I am so rubbish at being pregnant!!
How you all coping?

Last edited:
Ah Bex i know how your feeling. Been getting in a state at work. I am not coping with the heat at all. I'm sure ppl are sick of me moaning but i don't care. It's difficult carrying a baby at the best of times but add heat and work, it's bloody awful.

I still have 3 weeks in work but 11 days actually in work. Need the weather to cool or i may go sick.

Shame u don't finish tomorrow. My son last day in school tomorrow. Xx

Struggling!! My office is like a sauna but my house is the same :-/

I feel for every pregnant lady at the moment!!

I had a cry Monday evening, on my own, for no reason. Honestly I think we suffer with hormones anyway but chick in this heat and we're all over the place!! Roll on 3 days time for u Hun xx

Yep I'm struggling at work too. We have air con in the office but it doesn't seem to do a thing, still feels so hot. So glad I only do two days a week. I'm also getting p***ed off with a other girl in the office who just doesn't pull her weight. Then yesterday my replacement told us she's been headhunted for another job so she won't be staying the whole time I'm on maternity which of course had me panicking that they are going to want me to go back early! Sorry I've hijacked your thread with my own rant haha but I feel your pain. I'm soo ready to leave work, it's stressing me out at the moment! Xxx

This heat is bloody awful! I'm lucky in that I've got an air conditioned office although it's not up to much so I've also got a desk fan and fan heater (set to cool obviously!) aimed at my feet - I wouldn't cope without all that! I was off work yesterday as I'd woken up at 3am feeling sick and didn't manage to get any more sleep.

I'm rubbish in hot weather at the best of times so I'm really not enjoying the weather at all. My last day is next Friday but I've got three half days off next week so hopefully it'll fly by.

I'm supposed to be at a birthday BBQ on Saturday and a wedding on Sunday and I'm going to struggle if it doesn't cool down a bit - hot, fat and sweaty ain't a good look for wedding photos!!

Hate to say it but it's going to get hotter next week! FML!

oh buggy that sounds awful, guess your probably moving around alot at work too so can't even cool off your feet or sitinfront of a fan :(

dont forget in some areas the heatwave warning is level 3 and pg ladies are an at risk group so you must keep well hydrated and if you can't do your last few days, so be it xxx

3 shifts?! woooooo!

Then you can be bored at home and moan some more on facebook ;) haha

I can't imagine how you ladies are coping working in this heat.. so hats off for lasting! xx

I had five lessons today and managed to plan them so I could basically sit on my chair with my fan directly pointed at me whilst the kids got on - not sure what age group you are with but there are times working in an Upper School is a blessing. However I now have to go run a pizza and rounders party at the park for my Girl Guides!

I work with year 2, but I work out the classroom with three autistic children so it's fairly intense. Not physically, but emotionally. Can avoid leaping about but no spare fans today and they all require help and attention pretty much all the time. Trying to plan easy things, it's hard to keep them occupied at the end of term, as it's fun stuff, but I want to stay sat down!!! :) getting the play dough out tomorrow! X

I went into work today after a day off and someone had stolen my fan!!! I obviously retrieved it immediately... But how rude!! Haha, and a thermometer I brought in with me (just out if interest) was reading 29 in our non air conditioned office today... It's like an oven! Thankfully I have next week off, but I also have a 4 hour exam in a room with wall to ceiling windows down the entirety of the building, and it's a bloody tall room.

Oh I'm so jealous of your 3 days! Work is killing me right now and Tigger I took my temperature thingy to work today too and it read 28 degrees and we're supposed to have AC! :-( *sob sob x

Hey just got in from my leaving meal and drinks ;) finnish tommo at 1.30 yipee!
Went to docs , prescribed me some stuff for my nose finally so stuffiness should go soon. Its been too hot for me outside at school. ( and inside if im honest!) Xx

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Oddly, I seem to be doing ok. I can't help but think the heat is helping any pelvic pain as that has improved massively for me. At 20 weeks I was walking like an old lady, now I'm fine!

It is damn hot at school. Only our IT rooms have air con. I'm sweating so much. I'm suffering more in the lessons where there's not much for me to do as the time goes slower.

I feel better in myself when I'm working though. Weekends I'm more lethargic and more tired. I think it's harder running about after a toddler than nagging teenagers!!
----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

My area is unfortunately in one of those level 3 areas and the heat is killing me and I'm not working at the moment so I can only imagine what u guys are goin through. I'm not good with summer or any kind of heat as it is and I'm really struggling now as my ankles are so sore and achy if I'm on my feet more than 15 mins. I still want to try and keep active tho but feel like all my energy has been completely zapped. I really do feel for those of u still working u have my fullest respect and sympathy i really am hoping the forecast is wrong and we have some cooler weather fingers crossed ay. But remember ladies keep hydrated and take care of yourselves xxx

Oddly, I seem to be doing ok. I can't help but think the heat is helping any pelvic pain as that has improved massively for me. At 20 weeks I was walking like an old lady, now I'm fine!

It is damn hot at school. Only our IT rooms have air con. I'm sweating so much. I'm suffering more in the lessons where there's not much for me to do as the time goes slower.

I feel better in myself when I'm working though. Weekends I'm more lethargic and more tired. I think it's harder running about after a toddler than nagging teenagers!!
----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

That's weird because my pelvic pain feels better too! And I didn't think it could improve!?! Not that I'm complaining! Sadly the heat makes me feel sick and dizzy. Bah!

I certainly don't feel better at work! Home FTW! No toddler though :)

Good luck with your exam Tigger :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back