Struggling, anybody in the same boat?

PaigeLeigh95

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time on a forum so not caught up on all the abbreviations yet, please bear with us :)

We are a couple of 9 years and now feel we’re in the right mind set and financially ready to have a baby! :baby:

I went on the depo back in 2011 aged 15 which stopped all periods instantly and continued to use this contraceptive method until late 2016 in which my periods started again almost straight after the last shot and I haven’t been on anything since. We weren’t exactly being careful, but no baby happened, we put the first year or 2 to the depo wearing off but it’s been nearly 4 years now with still no sign of anything baby wise.
Struggling to get into the doctors for an appointment to see if anything else is wrong at the moment for obvious reasons, just wondering if anybody else has had similar experiences with the depo?

Thank you in advance for any replies <3

Hiya. Sorry you’re struggling with this. I’ve no experience of Depo but the pill trashed my fertility for a while.
Could you try tracking ovulation? To make sure you’re trying at the correct time each month? You can do ovulation prediction tests and basal body temperature tracking?
Very best of luck with your journey x

Hi lovely, I don’t have any experience with the depo either but didn’t want to read and run.

are you in the US? I agree with Princess, if you start tracking your basal body temperature and test for a surge in LH from CD9... you’ll get a much better idea of what is happening in there. Whether or not you’re ovulating, if so, when, and that will help you target baby dancing (the good stuff!) more effectively.

I really hope you get some answers soon.

lots of baby dust xx

Hi everyone, first time on a forum so not caught up on all the abbreviations yet, please bear with us :)

We are a couple of 9 years and now feel we’re in the right mind set and financially ready to have a baby! :baby:

I went on the depo back in 2011 aged 15 which stopped all periods instantly and continued to use this contraceptive method until late 2016 in which my periods started again almost straight after the last shot and I haven’t been on anything since. We weren’t exactly being careful, but no baby happened, we put the first year or 2 to the depo wearing off but it’s been nearly 4 years now with still no sign of anything baby wise.
Struggling to get into the doctors for an appointment to see if anything else is wrong at the moment for obvious reasons, just wondering if anybody else has had similar experiences with the depo?

Thank you in advance for any replies <3

Hello there! I’m sorry you’re struggling! I don’t have any experience with depo, actually, i only ever tried contraceptive pills once in my life for around 6 months and stopped (this was well over 8 years ago). I’ve been trying to get pregnant too with no luck. I’ve previously had low progesterone so I’m thinking maybe that could be an issue. I was able to get a doctors appointment but it isn’t until almost the end of next month :( ugh!! Have you tried using ovulation tests?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back