Stronger milk advice.

NIE

Reaction score
Adam is on SMA Gold and I was wondering what the signs are that he might need to go on to SMA White soon.

He is taking 4oz at each feed and is only managing to go 2 hours between each feed. Around 1 hour after his feed he starts moaning and becomes really restless and keeps putting his fingers in his mouth. We offer him his dummy but he just spits it out after a couple of seconds.

At what age can he go on stronger milk? And is it worth talking to my HV about it or will she say he is too young.

He is gaining weight really well, (2lb 5oz since birth) if that makes any difference.

is that the same as hungry baby milk?

if so I use C&G but I moved Jack onto hungry baby milk at 5/6 weeks, i felt he needed it. didnt consult anyone though :)

Have you tried offering 5oz at a feed to see if he can tolerate that 1st? Just asking cos we almost did the same then she really settled for a while, we have recently gone to hungry baby milk as she started waking in the night again.

I know people who have used this early with no probs but we were advised by HV to avoid it until she was older :)

I remember that at 3 weeks, my LO was going through a growth spurt. I would hold out a little while longer before switching to a hungrier formula.

Same here, I kept imms on premium milk till she was 8 weeks, she had a growth spurt and i just offered her extra milk.

I would say keep him on normal as long as possible as plus milk is quite heavy for a baby his age, though its personal choice.

I thought that SMA Gold was "heavier" than White. Maisy moved from White to Gold when she was hungry (on advice of Health Visitor)

Ruby is on breastmilk, so I don't have any experience of it now :?

Good luck and brilliant weight gain btw :D

Adam just won't take any more than 4oz each time.

I will continue with the SMA Gold for a while before I change.

Will there be any problems changing his milk?, Like will it give him more wind or diarrhoea?

Moomum said:
I thought that SMA Gold was "heavier" than White. Maisy moved from White to Gold when she was hungry (on advice of Health Visitor)

Ruby is on breastmilk, so I don't have any experience of it now :?

Good luck and brilliant weight gain btw :D

White is the hungrier formula. It contains more of the slow digestible products and hence can make the baby more prone to constipation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back