Strong camps

naomip

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I only found out last week that im pregnant, yay! Ths is my first pregnancy and I'm super excited but I've been having strong af like cramps. I know it's normal to cramp during pregnancy but is it normal for the cramps to be so strong? They woke me up the last 2 nights. How do you deal with them, is it safe to use a hot water bottle or paracetamol? Thanks for reading x x x

Whoops I've just noticed that I wrote camps instead of cramps in the title doh :wall2: X

I've heard it's not recommended to use a hot water bottle :-( sorry, you're in pain. I had exactly the same thing very early on but luckily it went within 2 days. Hopefully yours will go soon too x

Thanks hun, it's much easier to deal with them knowing its because I'm pregnant rather than af. :)

I had awful pains at the start too :(
Every twinge is scary.
I haven't taken ne painkillers but I used a hot water bottle everyday for about 2 weeks, my midwife said it was fine x

They will pass :)

I just put up with them

Congrats on your BFP xx

I use a heat pad as I was told it was safe!! They will ease off soon x

Hot water bottles / heat pads are fine, my midwife recommended me to use them during my first pregnancy when I was having bad cramps. Hope they ease off soon for you x

Paracetemol is fine too lady! I felt like AF was about to come for about a week after my BFP, and still get the odd twinge, pain and cramp.

As long as the cramps are not worse than your usual AF pains, and there is no blood - it's normal!

xxx

I have had really bad cramps an sharp pains on both sides today its the right side n very strong pains like af comin so scary i keep checking for blood ...i have taken paracetmol i took alot in first few weeks as pains with really bad they thought i had ectopic but now im trying to manage without mine are worse when im up an about or when i think about them ...but hard not to when so scared an in pain lol xx CONGRATS on your BFP xx

I have had really bad cramps an sharp pains on both sides today its the right side n very strong pains like af comin so scary i keep checking for blood ...i have taken paracetmol i took alot in first few weeks as pains with really bad they thought i had ectopic but now im trying to manage without mine are worse when im up an about or when i think about them ...but hard not to when so scared an in pain lol xx CONGRATS on your BFP xx

Thank you. Sounds like you're having a tough time. I hope it gets easier for you soon x

I had this alot in my tri 1!! I used a hot water bottle and took paracetamol too.

Aslong as there is no blood then everything should be fine. :)

If your worried they are stronger then they should be call your doctor/midwife/EPU. They may be able to give you an early scan will put your mind at ease.

xxx

Congrats on the BFP NaomiP! It's my first too! How exciting.

Yes I had bad cramps the first week or so, and actually I'm 7+3 today and the cramps have been quite harsh the last couple of days. Doctors told me I could take paracetamol and even codeine and paracetamol (cocodamol) as I had a bad migraine last week.

Hope they're not too painful!

Sophie xx

I've had a couple Naomi.. but nothing bad enough to cause concern, with last pregnancy at my first midwife appointment she said cramps were normal as long as there is no bleeding and you're not doubled over. xx

Thanks everyone, I feel much more reassured. They actually seem to be easing off a bit. X

Thank you. Sounds like you're having a tough time. I hope it gets easier for you soon x

Thanks hun hoping to see baby on my scan on frday been the longest scariest two weeks of my life xx

Hi Naomi, I had these about a week and a half ago- think my was due to abit if bloating and constipation in the end (soz tmi!) I did use paracetamol, I also found something cold on my tummy helped and used peppermint oil tablets to sooth my stomach which really helped me.

How's it going Naomi?.. Xx

Hey chick. I'm good thanks. The cramps have eased off a bit and didn't wake me up last night. I went to the docs yesterday to have everything confirmed and she seemed happy with everything. She's kept me on the progesterone which has totally reassured me that little buba will be staying put! Hope you're getting on ok? I just posted in your thred. X x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back