Strong abdominal muscles ?

Rachel1509

Reaction score
At last MW appointment a few weeks ago, I laid on the bed so she could have a feel, and I said 'Can you tell how baby is laying?' so she investigated a bit then said 'Your abdominal muscles are very strong, it's quite hard to tell, but I think he's head down and free'.

Never been told I have strong abdominal muscles before - and don't know why I have either because I don't exercise or do anything that would make them strong. :eh:

Then other night in Triage, she asked me to lay flat on the bed and had a good poke about on my tummy. OH said 'Is baby head down?' (he was asking this to see if this was the reason for the decreased movements I think) and the lady replied and said 'I couldn't actually feel because your abdominal muscles are very tight and strong'.

So if professionals can't feel.. this doesn't really fill me with confidence for a bit further on when I'm ready for labour!
Anyone else been told this before?

Last edited:
Me. By both doctor and midwife. I don't see how I have either but i am hoping that this will help with delivery! :)

I've been told this too although I had abs before I was pregnant so it makes sense but lots of orgasms help this too apparently.....if you need a new wardrobe you can work on your OH's ego for that one lol xxxxxxxxx

I was told at my last mw appointment she couldn't tell me which way baby was laying because she could feel him there but couldn't get through my stomach muscles. This did surprise me a little cos I am a bit of a chubster!!!!

BB- orgasms cause what?? Strong stomach muscles????

Apparently so lol, good pelvic floor too. As I say though, I worked out :D

see and everyone took the mick out of me and my pregnancy sex drive!!! That why she couldn't feel baby and I must have excellent abdominal and pelvic floor muscles!!!! pmsl. x

i was told this at mw app few weeks back but given that i done nothing but sit on my ass the entire pregnancy i dont see how i still have any muscle lol

i put down to maybe haing bh at the time n made it seem like i had tight muscles lol

on the up side thats a great sign for the pushing stage :)

i think the motion of getting up onto the bed sets off BH...does with me anyway...

and i got told she couldnt feel down by the head cos my tummy was too tight...

there is no way that i have good muscles...ha ha...so im guessing its the BHs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back