Stretchmarks

kellysomer

Reaction score
I went to the bathroom last night to assess the severity of the lady region growth of jungle (TMI) (worse than i thought!) and noticed i have gotten my first stretchmarks. :( I have been religiously moisturising my bump and legs and thought i didnt have any. Little did i know until last night they have been hiding and congregating under my bump on the one bit i cant see. Talk about devious.

I cant help being depressed i know my body will not be the same as it was pre-bean but its the not knowing how bad its gonna be thats getting to me. I have stretch marks on my boobs anyway as they have always been on the large side, and on my hips from growing, but i love my previously flat tummy. I am paraniod now and i'm convinced i can feel my skin stretching and stinging from tearing.

I cried for ages last night, OH says he doesnt care but its just one of those things. Well its a big thing to me. :(

I want my body back!!!

Does anyone have any nice storied to tell me to cheer me up. Will the stretchmarks dissapear and does the scar fade cream really help? (its expensive)

The reality of this baby is just hitting me, i'm gonna be a 24 year old with the body of a granny.

Oh poor you. I'm keeping my little pinkies crossed as I don't have any yet but still got plenty of time to go yet :( .
What creams/moisturizers are you using? I've been using that Palmers cocoa butter & its really nice (I had tiny stretch marks on my hips and have to say since i've been using that they have faded) also heard that Bio Oil is supposed to be excellent for stretch marks.

Try not to get too upset about it hun, i'm sure your bod will be fine after you've had the little one & you'll probably be too tired to care anyway! :lol:

Nicki.xx

Hi Kelly,

I am with Nikki on this one,

I have had a few appear on my breast and I have shed many tears over them.

I had some from my teens on my hips (quite a few) and although I havent got any more on hips or bump the existing ones have faded dramatically.

I would definitly recomend to continue using the palmers range post labour as I cant believe how much mine have faded.

My only question is do I have to continue using it or once it has faded is that is??

Sarah

I used to worry about the stretch marks but my lovely mum assured me mine are the same she had and she hasnt got any now. She said a good moisturiser the one you guys are using and exercising tightens them right up.

Although a friend recently told me she lost hers using pile cream lol if it works it works lol

Where do i get Palmers cocoa butter from, it sounds fab!

ive given up worrying ive spent a fortune on bio oil since being pg and its done nothing had a lot of stretch marks on my son which had all faded to silvery colour and now they are all going dark again :( am now just using dove silk moisturiser and hoping no new ones appear (fat chance)
xxxxxxxx

Where do i get Palmers cocoa butter from, it sounds fab!

You should be able to get it from any chemist - I got mine at my local chemist,I'm sure your local chemist would order it in for you!

I creamed up loads when pg and used bio oil but got that big a bump I ended up with loads, most of them are starting to fade apart from a few thick ones and when I start excercising they should get even fainter, but to be honest right now I couldnt care less, I know that it's gonna take a while to get back to how I was before and even with a perfect tum I never walked around with it out apart from in my bikini and those days are over for a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back