stretching pains..

Anna Marie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what stretching pains feel like? To date with this pregnancy I have had no cramps or abdominal twinges or anything that resembles a stretching pain until today... not sure what to expect but at the moment I feel fine whilst sitting but when I stand up it feels a bit like I am pulling a muscle in my tum / abdomen.

I sort of expected these pains much earlier on as previously I have had weird niggles from 8 weeks and when I made it to 14 weeks pregnant 12 years ago I had quite a few pains and twinges... this time nada!

If these are not stretching pains.. any ideas what they could be?

ta
xxx

Only in first tri but was reading yesterday that you can feel baby move from 16 weeks. Just a suggestion or could just be stretching pains.

sounds like stretching pains to me hun are they always in same place? xxxx

I got stretching pains quite early on... if i remeber right about 10 weeks.. it was like someone was pulling and stretching my ovaries... maybe a bit dramatic!! similar to the aches and pains you get when your af arrives.... i spoke to the MD at my first scan and she said it's perfectly normal.. some people get aches and pains some don't. Some people only start to feel them later on in their pregnancy and some feel them early on... I have a few niggling pains at the moment... again low down!

i wouldn't worry about them,, our bodies are going thru so much at the moment it's boung to feel the odd twinge, cramp, pull every now and again.... i try to enjoy every feeling - my body is shouting out "i'm pregnant"

x

not sure what to expect but at the moment I feel fine whilst sitting but when I stand up it feels a bit like I am pulling a muscle in my tum / abdomen.

Anna Marie, I feel EXACTLY the same pains as you, today has been especially bad. Everytime I get up, it feels like someone is stretching my lower abs from deep inside! It must be stretching pains, 'cos I really feel like I'm being stretched! :lol:

Thanks girls,

Yes I am certain they must be stretching pains as only bad when stand up after sitting for a while but if I walk about alot I feel absolutely fine.

Sam I hope your pains get a bit easier.. can be quite shocking can't they!?

Counted my Bod's heartbeat last night with my doppler and still around 150 bpm... still moving about in there and still sounds like a train so hopefully all is well despite me being a completely neurotic stress head at the moment.

But there is small ray of light.. my size 12 jeans from next arrived and they FIT!! Yippeee.. not for long I expect but they are so comfy with those elasticated jersey side panel thingies.. why did I wait so long to buy some!!??

And my blooming marvellous stuff arrived but too busy cleaning the house last night to open and try them.. my sis and her hubby are coming for w/e so will try them on with her as judge, jury and executioner!!

xx

Apart from the stomach pains I had last week, I've been okay since. But I do feel twinges when I have been sitting for a while, and then stand. So maybe that's them??? :?:

Anna Marie - which Next jeans did you get? I got some and they are really comfie, but they won't stay up. :? I can only walk about 6 steps before having to pull them up. Although the Next linen mix trousers I'm wearing today are great!! So pleased you are still hearing bod's heartbeat and it is sounding like a train!! :lol:

Hi Tankett..

The jeans I bought were the £19.99 boot cut ones.. they do another type for £24.99 but really not sure of difference.. oh yeah I remember.. the ones I bought come in XL - thats why I chose them.. not sure how long they will stay up. I just tried them and took them off... will wear them this w/e and report back. I will have a belt handy just in case.. :wink: :wink:

I have also bought the blooming marvellous boot cuts - the ones that all the mags rate highly.. pricey at £34.99 and still in wrapping at home so will try these this w/e too..

I bought the next "boarder" trousers too in both colours grey and neutral £17.99 ... love em for slouching!

x

well this is a new one to me! ive had three pregnancies and never heard of stretching pains :shock:

Tankett - my next jeans fall down all the time too, was thinking about buying a scarf this weekend to tie round to keep them up :D

Xxx

Is it cos they are under the bump ones.... ??? hmmm scarf sounds a good idea.. as long as its easy to undo when I am up and down to the loo every 5 seconds!!

Gosh.. maybe all my belts will be too small now.. very sad.. I have sooo many - will have to be nicer to OH so I can borrow his.

x

well i dont think its just the next ones girlies i got mine from great universal £30 lovely and comfy but constantly falling down lol xxx

My next ones fall down too, I have to wear my belt with them. So far my usual belt is fitting no probs, but once it doesn't a scarf belt will have to do.

I just hate the fact that they're so wide on the legs. Are the boot cut style narrow legged?

At least they are comfy though.

I've bought nice cords from next but they're so huge on the hips and legs that I just haven't been able to wear them yet, they look too big and they're my usual size. Hmph.

Hi Bagpuss..

Yes the boot cut jeans from Next are quite fitted round the hips, bum and tops of legs.. until the knee and then a little flared or "boot cut" at the bottom... they are stretch so mould to you a bit.. I am a size 12 XL in them and they are quite flattering even though I feel a fat frump in almost everything else!

what is it about maturnity jeans - mine fall down too... i've got top shop ones and next ones....

i think i've just seen my bum on the telly... the megane advert - i see you baby shaking that arse!!! well i think it was mine... might have been a bigger than mine!..... he he

x

I love my blooming marvellous over-the-bump black trousers ... they are so comfortable and snuggly!! have a look to see if you can find yourselves a pair !!! :):):):):)

I'll try the boot cut jeans from Next, don't think mine are the boot cut ones. They fit OK around the bum but they seem wide every where else. They're comfy around my waist though which is all that matters at the mo.

I'm off to Cheshire Oaks next week, I'll see what I can get then.

Wore my next boot cut jeans [the 19.99 ones] all day yesterday at home.. with a belt and they were really comfy!!!!!!!!! not sure they would have stayed up without the belt but hey..

And I actually felt quite slim in them!!!!! :wink: :wink:

OOOHHHHHHH

Last night i had major pulling of muscle and ligaments(SP?) it was sooooooo bloody sore i was nearly in tears!!!

Felt like someone was trying to pull my bits about :( ... that is the first time I've felt discomfort in this pregnancy, and last night was a nightmare!!

Feel ok today a few twinges but alright!! ... i can honestly say i don't want those again ... i went to bed in tears!!!

Imogen+Bean
xxx

awww hun it can be really painfull i know big hugs to you xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27