stretch marks

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Sarah&Braydon, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

i only have a few stretchmarks but in the summer i would like to wear a bikini and the stretch marks are on my hips and dont feel comfortable wearing a bikini with them so was wondering if there is nething i can use to get rid of em ?

2. Lauz_1601

Lauz_1601 Well-Known Member

hey hun, I also have stretch marks on my hips and my thighs and calfs :think: , by the summer they will probably have faded and be more silvery (if there not already?) Iv been on the sunbeds to see if a tan will conceal them a bit lol, I wanna start going swimming but am a bit paranoid about my stretchmarks. not sur eif anythnig can help them to fade thoguh??

3. kelly_chunn

kelly_chunn Well-Known Member

am sure u can get sum cream of sum sort, but am guessing when u have a tan they may fade abit, well am hoping mine will.

4. lucylou

lucylou Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah, Bio-oil is supposed to be really good for fading stretch marks, i was lucky and only got a few under my boobs (i think this is because of breast feeding). I have brought some though and am using it and it feels nice so just have to wait and see if it works x

5. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Sarah, they fade but I'm using a product called bio-oil on my scarred tum, and it says that it's good for stretchmarks too...bit pricey though.

Smells nice too Lucy!

Sue

6. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

where can i get that from, i want the few like 4 or 5 gone by time i go away lol

7. lucylou

lucylou Well-Known Member

I got mine from Holland & Barratt, it was £8.95 for a small bottle. I think you can get it from boots or even Tesco's as well. x

8. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

I got mine in my local chemist...though it says on the bottle that it's not greasy and absorbs into your skin, my skin is often oily the next morning, and I apply it after my shower each day, and just before I go to bed. It smells lovely.

It comes in a white box and the oil itself is kind of peachy in colour...

http://www.bio-oil.info/homepage.php Try here...

Sue