Stretch marks

daftscotslass

Reaction score
Was wondering when people here had them appear if they have them? I'm very prone to them as was my mum when she had me. I've had a couple appear on my hips and on my boobs but so far none on my bump. Admittedly I've been using cocoa butter religiously but I'm still paranoid they're going to appear (which they probably will!).

I had loads early on with my last 2 pregnancies with the girls, but this time ive had no extra but then bump is a lot smaller this time :think:

mine have started to appear on my bump in the last two weeks. at the moment they're quite small, no more than about 2cm or so but i guess they're gonna get bigger. :(

i wasnt all that religious with the cocoa butter at first but am putting it a bit more liberally now in the vain hope that it will help...

with James I had hardly any in pregnancy so I thought I'd gotten way with it, then after the birth I got loads from my tummy deflating! :(

Haven't noticed any new ones yet and not really bothered TBH. The one's from James have faded so much they are hardly noticable anyway

I have been slapping cream and bio oil on my bump since day one and didnt have any stretchmarks appear until I was just over 28 weeks...

...and i thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones :(

There aernt loads now, just a few either side at the bottom of my bump but they are getting bigger and are visible...

it will all be worth it though :D

I got my first ones over night on Monday. I put my bio oil on after a shower on Sunday night so I know there werent any the night before. The BAM! I have some on both sides of my belly button and some on my left side. I was really depressed already on Monday so it made it feel million times worse. Monday really was the most depressing day of the year the TV was right for once. Im over them now though. They arent that big and they are very pale at the moment. I can see they will get alot worse though as my bump is tight and itchy. For the moment Im in denial :shakehead: LOL

ive had them for months and they're getting worse :twisted:

Ive managed to escape them so far. Please stay away! :pray: Ive been using Avon cream and also the palmers one. I just alternate the creams daily. Dont know if they are the ones that have helped or its just my skin. I think its your skin type.

I have had them since week 29 and they are getting worse but it really doesn't bother me, esp after seeing that pic of Cindy Crawford with them. They go silvery and disappear when you have had bubs and lost weight anyway...it's all part of being a mum!

Personally I think oiling the bump is a waste of time, if you are naturally skinny then you prob wont get them, if you are a bit voluptuous then you prob will. If you think you are just moisturing the surface of the skin and stretch marks are way deeper than that.

Bio-oil doesn't work either...my mum has a scar on her boob, where she had a lump removed, she bought some coz it says it's good for scars...did nowt!!!

I was stretcher free until week 35. Then I got some either side of my belly button low down. They are getting worse but fingers crossed and :pray: :pray: they dont get any higher up. I can deal with em below me belly button!

I have used bio-oil and a cream called trilastin sr since day one and i think they would probably be a lot worse by now if i hadnt used anything cos i am deffo prone to them as I have them on my boobs already from when i went on the pill as a teenager.

I think if your gonna get em your gonna get em but if your really religious about using the creams it can slow em down a bit and make them not quite as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back