Stretch Marks

MrsRoger

Reaction score
Any tips and hints for stretch marks?? I have been so vigilante as knew I would get some with having the twins but does anyone have any advice on how to reduce them once they happen??

Apparently how bad you get them is genetic, but generally looking after your skin by drinking lots of water and using body oil or body buttertwice a day will all help. They do fade a lot after the birth as your tummy shrinks back down x

Definitely genetic. My mum and I have them and they are pretty much in the same pattern! Cream or oil will perhaps help a bit but I wouldn't buy in to anything that says it prevents them!

If your going to get them no amount of cream will help. Iv been using cream and oils and still got them. Mw said the same when i asked. X

Apparently nothing helps... What will be will be (very unfortunately!). My mum or sister didn't get any, and I didn't whilst growing up, but my belly now looks pretty bad :(

Luckily I haven't had any so far during my pregnancy which is really strange considering that I am prone to them.

When I had a growth spurts as a teenager I got them on my breasts, tummy, inner thighs, upper calf, upper arm, breasts. It was awful and I felt very self conscious for years. The darkest were on my tummy.

Luckily though, they faded right down and you can now only see the faded ones on my tummy because of the stretching from the baby. I'm hoping they will go back to nearly invisible once he's out!
I just wanted to reassure you that they can be massively minimised. I used body butter (any kind of thick cream) every day and drank lots of water. It took a while but worth it. Oh and your diet plays a massive part too,. Leafy green veg helps :)

I have heard its just your luck with genetics. My mums tummy is rife with them but then I doubt she caked on the cream or took any measures :lol:

Last time, I did quite well until I gave birth then thats when the problems hit. I figured Im just going to get back to the gym and tighten up what I can, and have heard the wraps are quite good, or make a difference on them.

I always say when Im done with babies, Ill get them lasered.

xxxx

Woke up to my first one this morning at 36 weeks. I have been so lucky up until now. Please no more!!

I've been putting bio oil on every night since about week 16 and I've none. 4 weeks to go. But honestly I think it's your skin type - you'll either get them or you won't.

You're right. I've been using cream 2 x per day since about 10 weeks!

I've been using cocoa butter/bio oil since tri 2 and I have none o.o got away with it! But - my mother also has none from 3 pregnancies. She used cocoa butter... but I think it's just a genetic thing unfortunately :-S

Last edited:
I got them with my other 2 but this time I have no new ones yet, and I always forget to moisturise! But last night I rubbed in some sweet almond oil & lush dream cream lol.

I think I need to start doing it every night now to avoid them coming... if it will work lol.

I used dream cream twice a day - it ran out so I started using bio oil that someone had bought me as a gift. Within 24 hours I had my first (and only, so far!!) stretch mark. Coincidence?! I think not!! Lol

34 weeks and nothing so far :pray:!!

My mother didn't get any so I am hoping I will be the same!! I can feel itching and dry skin though so perhaps that's the start of it.. I use Palmers stretchmark cream and bio oil once or twice a day.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back