stretch marks

Blueclass

Reaction score
OMG I just looked in the mirror and there looking back at me was stretch marks at the bottom of my belly. I'm gutted I thought I was doing so well I use cream everyday. However I did read if your going to get them your get them and it doesn't matter if you cream or use oil. My belly button has stretched and looms pretty hideous aswell. I'm terrified my belly will look like a tube map and they will never go and look gross. I'm so gutted.

I got quite far on before I had a few handfuls of stretchmarks and thought I was doing really well. It wasnt until after I deflated more came. Ive used all sorts on them but they have faded loads, for now.

My belly button is a bit deeper but went back to normal.

Im gonna try wraps after this one but once Im co pletely done with babies Ill get laser treatment. I hate them.

I read if your mum has them your likely to, dunno how true that is mind you but my mum had 3 kids and loads so Im planning ahead with lasering :lol:

xxxx

What cream are you using?

I got a few stretch marks growing up but so far no pregnancy ones that I know of, I've been using the Palmers stretch mark cream after my showers but I do have a bottle of bio oil too. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow so there's a little bit of time for me to get the yet at the rate he's growing.

Don't get me started on my belly button though :wall2:

Lol I hate the look of a popping out belly button. Iv been using all sorts of creams and oils, what ever is closest when I get out the shower or go bed. I'm only 28 weeks so iv got plenty of time to get loads ��x

I haven't got anymore this time but I have loads from previous pregnancies and weight gain. They do fade and tbh the ones at the bottom of my bump are hardly visible now x

Sorry girls but it's true if you are prone to stretch marks or your mum got them you will likely get them no creams or oils will prevent them they will just help keep your skin supple and moisturised which can help with recovery afterwards!! xx

Well if they get too bad il be saving for laser too!!xx

None here as of yet, but going by the size of me I know it's only a matter of time. My skin is already stretched and shiny, belly button all the way out. I've being using Palmers, and my skin is noticeably softer, but it is true - if you're going to get them, then you're going to get them
I know how conceited this will sound, but I've always had a "perfect" body (to others, not really to myself), and it's hard to get to grips with it changing - more than likely permanently. I know I will be distraught when I get them, but I knew the bad sides of pregnancy before hand (well, thought I did!)

I got to 34wks with my first and started noticing the odd few.
I actually annoyingly had them all mainly arrive once i was overdue!!
Bur hey ho!!

No new ones as of yet & so far old ones have not flared up or stretched more.. But im massive and I know itll only be time.

Cream wouldnt of prevented hun, its the type of skin your born with. Either luckly or not! If u had any as a teen chances are ull get them now, but still cream up cos itll help the itchiness and discomfort hun xxx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies I know most of us will get them and I kinda thought it was only a matter of time. I'm so big already I feel like I can't possibly get any bigger. My belly is uncomfortable and getting shoes on and getting dressed is a pain. Guess I just thought maybe I wouldn't get them till later x

Its horrible I know, im still very much self concious of the ones I had from my 1st and I wont be wearing a bikini again, despite getting bk to me pre preg size which before i was very happy with.

I think theres that saying to be proud of your stripes.. But they really have knocked my confidence xx

Yeah we should see them as battle scars lol but they are ugly and no one can find them sexy surely? My OH said he not noticed I said you have to say that or your be on the sofa lol x

Haha!
The boys dad had some on his belly himself from a few yrs bk after gaining weight. So he always said he never minded mine.

Im not with him anymore, so lets hope in a few yrs if IF lol i ever brave 'dating' again that ill find someone who doesn't mind them either!
I certainint hate them! Nevermind ay!
Got my beautiful boys, besides there are some really nice one piece swimming costumes out these days lol!

I like mine.
Scars and stretchmarks are stories whether good or not so much :)
Your body is a canvas and each and every visible mark is just one more interesting thing to talk about, smile about or shed a tear about xXx

Think il be shedding tears lol. I had some on my hips before which I wasn't to fussed about but I got a feeling these will be bad. Never mind I'm going to have a beautiful baby at the end of it and it's true there are many all in ones that are cute x

none for me yet..I've been using palmers cocoa tummy butter but going by what your all saying I may still get some. would've thought I'd have quite a few by now, I have a small frame and was slim and athletic before baby bump, thought I'd stretch but no sign just yet. But bio oil is supposed to work wonders, I'd use that if I got some.
we should definitely love them though..our bodies have done amazing things, and we're still beautiful :) even more so Xx

This is my first pregnancy and prob put on 4st but surprisingly no stretch marks on my bump. My bottom half is totally covered in stripes tho even calfs! Oh well I won't be showing off pins for a long time til at least the weights gone down! X

Think of them as tiger stripes we have earned them ladies our bodies have worked hard to make and nurture these babies and we have worked hard getting them here - these are victory stripes and we have earned them!! xx

I used everything in the mornings and before bed, but once 34 weeks hit BAM! My bump is like the globe! Although they aren't bright red, just tinged pink. I have to put cream or oil on about 5 or 6 times a day because they make me so itchy and sore. I'm sure the creams etc are helping though by not having bright red ones! And like some of the other ladies said we tried hard for these babies, and we can show off the fact we've had gorgeous little ones this summer!Xx

Haha!
The boys dad had some on his belly himself from a few yrs bk after gaining weight. So he always said he never minded mine.

Im not with him anymore, so lets hope in a few yrs if IF lol i ever brave 'dating' again that ill find someone who doesn't mind them either!
I certainint hate them! Nevermind ay!
Got my beautiful boys, besides there are some really nice one piece swimming costumes out these days lol!

I've had mine since i was 16 and in my single mum days I did quite of erm 'try outs' for new partners and not 1 was ever put off by my stretch marks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back