Stretch marks

iv been using cremas anddrinking lots of water, appartenly its all genatics anyways but touch wood, i have none at the mo ! :)

I have them, I was very strict with the cream and oil and it didn't prevent them. They don't look as angry as other peoples though so the cream might have helped a little bit.

I've been using Elemis Frangipani and OPI body lotion most days no stretch marks yet but expecting some as I'm huge x

I hardly have any...a few on my hips but nothing to worry about and I haven't used anything. Nothing you do will prevent it! Sorry to say!

ive not used any creams or oils at all and dont have any stretchmarks yet, i do have a few on legs from when i was a teenager, i think if i'm going to get them then i will not much we can do about it :) xx

Think I'll get stretch marks then...no big deal. All that matters is that my baby is healthy. Like Rachel said, I guess it's going to take a little time to adjust to my body changing. I've embraced that my life will change and I'm happy to make sacrifices, just didn't think a lot about the physical side. Thanks girls for your comments, you saved me a few bob :) xxx

I used cream but my belly, thighs, bum, hips, and calfs are all covered! I got them quite bad during puberty so wasn't surprised. I felt shit! Really unattractive and ugly but then I came across this picture (on here I think) and it would always cheer me up when I felt down about them :) and remind me why they don't matter and to embrace them! xx

i think i will get them, i already have them on the insides of the tops of my legs had them aslong as i can remember to be honest, I am using the Palmers Coco Butter which btw smells AMAZING! (I cant help sniffing myself lol) i was advised not to use any oils or creams with Retinol in them (not sure on spelling) because it contains vitamin A which is bad for the baby and it can be soaked into you blood stream through your skin....

Oh my gosh Danti that actually made me emotional. Couldn't have put it better, thanks. I'm going to save that as a reminder :) xx

You're welcome :D I can't take credit as it was another lady from here that posted it originally (can't remember who sorry) but I thought I'd reshare as it really does put them into perspective! I have it saved onto my phone as a reminder too xx

I think it's genetic tbh.

I moisturised everyday for years before getting pregnant and throughout my pregnancy I didn't stop and used bio-oil also.

Had excess fluid so my bump was mega huge and didn't a single stretch mark until I was almost 38 weeks!! But they aren't bad at all and I don't mind them.

I really believe either you'll get them or not, doesn't matter what you do!!

My physio said they can not be prevented or help in any way because its the very bottom layer of skin that gets stretch marks and no cream, oil or lotion can get that far down because your skin is water proof. Sorry ladies xxx

I used cream but my belly, thighs, bum, hips, and calfs are all covered! I got them quite bad during puberty so wasn't surprised. I felt shit! Really unattractive and ugly but then I came across this picture (on here I think) and it would always cheer me up when I felt down about them :) and remind me why they don't matter and to embrace them! xx

I actually LOVE this! Would make a fantastic wall piece for a nursery! Or if it wasnt has long a the words would make an awesome tattoo!

x

I used bio oil lots as I have a tattoo round my belly button, I had no stretch marks at until about 3 weeks after she was born and now I have 2 on the bottom of my belly and one at the top of each thigh

Never can tell if anything will make a difference!

I used cocoa butter just to feel like I was doing something, but don't think it made a difference, I've never had any and didn't get them now.

Last edited:
your belly isn't going to be ugly "you are a tiger and have earned your stripes" silly way to think of it but it helps me :D

^^ Have you been watching Gok Wan?? :p

Hey everyone, I am a stretch mark victum again from age 13ish on legs/hips and bum. However the bio oil dried my skin and didn't stop the itching and my skin started to break and get flakey. So sis in law of 2 boys gave me this scrummy mumtobe bubble bath and I bought the tummy rub from boots and it's organic. AMAZING is all I can say. I have had no dry skin, no itching and NO SIGN of a single stretch mark yet, fx! I highly recommend, good luck :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back